header.nohb.html

Gig video

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
In mid-September I played a trio gig I thought was a one-shot but was actually the start of six weeks playing every Sunday. 5 1/2 months later we're still going, and have experienced temperatures from 25 to 90 degrees F. This video was shot on February 20, when the temp hit 65. Lovely day. If you're near D/FW, come see us some Sunday, 11-2, Fort Brewery, 2737 Tillar St. in Fort Worth.

For the gear heads: Drums are 10/12/14/15/20 Gretsch with different badges rewrapped more than 20 years ago by Jim Petty (RIP, Jim). Snare is a 6 x 14 Ridgeland RK. Cymbals are 22" K Custom; 14", 16", and 18" K Custom Dark crashes; 10" A splash; 8" Paiste Dimensions splash; 14" K Custom Dark hats.

Audio recorded on a Zoom R16 with two overhead condensers and kick mic.

Last edited:

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice Paul, and I really like the brush work. Nice videos and sound mix as well. You guys got it together. That proves it right there a little finesse playing goes along way and you don't have to blast it out loud.

sherm

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah .... as a frequent brush player, the vid with brushes is my favorite ... nice trio ....!! As you know our trio played Blue Bossa recently with a trombonist sitting in ....

Last edited: