Giging in the heat.

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
We have a 2 hour set tomorrow in 100 + degrees. I will be using my sling`s Boy I hope they have air. I will bring water a BIG FAN and some towels and have a good session. I am third in line with two older members my cuzz the kid at only 60.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah, starting my deep hydration process today. Going to be warm. Fans for sure, cooler with water and ice.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We have a 2 hour set tomorrow in 100 + degrees. I will be using my sling`s Boy I hope they have air. I will bring water a BIG FAN and some towels and have a good session. I am third in line with two older members my cuzz the kid at only 60.
Stay safe out there, it's going to be insane out our way this weekend. I'm having a cookout on saturday. Can't wait to stand over the grill with a heat index of 110.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Like many here, I do several brutal outdoor gigs every summer. The playing part isn't so bad, but the cartage chores before & after can really be draining when it's 100 + intense humidity. Fortunately I'm in good shape and accustomed to it but it's never "a breeze" to endure.

We earn every penny!

summer.jpg

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tough gig, man. I hate playing outside in these conditions. I've been in situations in the past when I got a blister on my hand from just touching a cymbal. I won't do it again for any money. Not worth it to me. Of course I'm not a kid either, so...

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Played an outdoor gig in he dead of winter in February at night. It got down to the mid 60s! Playing the same gig in July during the afternoon and it's supposed to reach the mid to high 70s!

Hmmm, I just realized why So Cal. residents should never reply to these threads...sorry... :toothy7:

Latest posts