Gigs? Not.

jazzerone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anybody wanna see a list of all the gigs we've had cancelled?

Yeah... didn't think so...

Last edited:

Sun shy

Reaction score
Ha! I needed that laugh. All mine are cancelled. Some paid up front and I had to return their money. Well, didn't have to, but, I'm a nice guy! :) Still, OUCH!

mmann

Reaction score
we've got some players around here doing "shows" on Facebook live and hoping for tips. One of the clubs here lets a band play to an empty house and the show it live. not sure how profitable that is for them.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
we've got some players around here doing "shows" on Facebook live and hoping for tips. One of the clubs here lets a band play to an empty house and the show it live. not sure how profitable that is for them.
I've noticed this too. There's little chance of that being financially worth the effort. I also don't foresee many people paying to stream a cover band in an empty club.

I think the key takeaway with all of this depends on if, and how quickly, people rethink what's essential and what's not. Going without is a habit in itself. If enough people reprioritize the opportunity cost of clubbing, it could cause further hurt to the industry beyond any health risk.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Same could be said for restaurants, spas, theaters, etc.
You can’t have clear vision in the eye of the storm.
Chin up.
Like most things ... this too shall pass.
It is temporary.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Live music again 2021? Boy I hope not
I don't see it. I do see some areas dependent on entertainment / tourism attempting a return soon. And there may be some success. But I don't see areas where entertainment was already marginal getting back to that marginal any time soon. It's a new normal that we're just not going to be able to do much about regarding crowds in small places in the coming year or two.

nylontip

Reaction score
Maybe the clubs will redesign themselves and make proper bandstands in line with "social distancing" so we're not stuck in the corner or waiting for a table to be moved.
I love my band mates, but half the time, we're sitting on each others laps.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last night I did a solo benefit "concert" on Facebook live from my basement, playing guitar and singing. I raised a pile of money, none of it for me. It was a bit nerve-wracking since I think of myself as a drummer who can sing and sorta play guitar but I got used to it and has a pretty good time. It felt great to be playing music for people again, and I'll probably do these again in the future even if I don't get huge audiences.

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought about playing a solo gig at the end of my driveway.
Maybe if I play loud enough someone will pay me to stop.