Ginormous ride on video

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great advice

The term Bluegrass was not part of the lexicon in the 40s. It was referred to as string music.

"Bluegrass was initially included in the category of folk musicand later changed to hillbilly. In 1948, bluegrass was placed under the country/westernheading for radio airplay charting. All four of the seminal bluegrass authors—Artis, Price, Cantwell and Rosenberg—described bluegrass music in detail as originating in style and form, in one form or another, between the 1930s and mid-1940s. However, the term "bluegrass" did not appear formally to describe the music until the late 1950s, and did not appear in Music Index until 1965 (Kretzschmar, 1970). The first entry in Music Index mentioning "bluegrass music" directed the reader to "see Country Music; Hillbilly Music" (Kretzschmar, 1970, p. 91). Music Index maintained this listing for bluegrass music until 1986. The first time bluegrass music had its own entries in Music Index was 1987 (Stratelak)"

Last edited:

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Show me where it says that’s the same music, same style, as the music played in Oklahoma etc.

Last edited:

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Show me where it says that’s the same music, same style, as the music played in Oklahoma etc.
Ummmm. We’re friends I suppose but what’s your point exactly? You’ve made a fairly obtuse comment a few posts back and I can’t really understand where it’s going to or coming from

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ummmm. We’re friends I suppose but what’s your point exactly?
Initially it was just a jibe at his silly comment about how western swing was “always described”; but he doubled and tripled down on it, which I probably should have just let go, but oh well.