GMS SE series snare $275 plus shipping

Daniel

Reaction score
This is a steal! I just bought a GMS CL Bop Kit incl. a snare, and I just can't believe how great it sounds, especially the snare!

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a steal! I just bought a GMS CL Bop Kit incl. a snare, and I just can't believe how great it sounds, especially the snare!
I have a CL bop kit
I’d love to know more about yours
I like mine a lot

Daniel

Reaction score
I got mine some weeks ago by Steve Maxwell. I already purchased single Drums and most of all cymbals, which were shipped to Germany, but this was the first entire kit, which I bought from the US. The price was ok, the kit looks great and most of all (although I wasn't looking for) it has a matching snare, which sounds suprisingly great.

Since all of the drums sound aweseome, I'd love to add other matching drums to this kit (22", 10", 16"), but It would be almost impossible to find them.....

Best
Daniel

Attachments

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got mine some weeks ago by Steve Maxwell. I already purchased single Drums and most of all cymbals, which were shipped to Germany, but this was the first entire kit, which I bought from the US. The price was ok, the kit looks great and most of all (although I wasn't looking for) it has a matching snare, which sounds suprisingly great.

Since all of the drums sound aweseome, I'd love to add other matching drums to this kit (22", 10", 16"), but It would be almost impossible to find them.....

Best
Daniel
I think I have seen those around
Is the bd 14x18 ?
They are beautiful.
if you ever feel like parting with the snare, I’d be interested.
i bought the SE Snare because I couldn’t find a CL.
Or if you might want the SE in trade somehow ?
Are your CL,s made in NY, or the later Taiwan?

Daniel

Reaction score
Yes, the BD is 14x18. That was one of the reasons to choose this kit instead of a Gretsch Renown Jazz Kit, which offers only a 16x18.
The advertisement said, that these were made in Taiwan. On the badges there's missing the node "Made in USA", so I thinks, these are Taiwan made.
Indeed, before I got this kit, I thought I felt like parting with the snare, but as I said before, the real surprise IS this snare, so at the moment I'd keep it.
If I'd sell it, I'll conact you. Why would you prefer the CL over SE?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best sounding kits I have ever played was a GMS CL series kit - GMS make fantastic drums .

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, the BD is 14x18. That was one of the reasons to choose this kit instead of a Gretsch Renown Jazz Kit, which offers only a 16x18.
The advertisement said, that these were made in Taiwan. On the badges there's missing the node "Made in USA", so I thinks, these are Taiwan made.
Indeed, before I got this kit, I thought I felt like parting with the snare, but as I said before, the real surprise IS this snare, so at the moment I'd keep it.
If I'd sell it, I'll conact you. Why would you prefer the CL over SE?
Love anything pertaining to GMS
I thought it cool to have matching lugs
Your light colored CL w my dark bop kit would be nice.
I have so many other snares I’m not really attached to the SE
Looks pretty nice tho
Yours would look better
I’m surprised that the snare sounds so good because it’s their entry level.
Cool that you got a good one.
The Taiwanese factor is not a negative. The word on them was that they were very well made in a good factory.
Re the BD, mine was originally an 18x16 and sounded good, but it sort of bothered me.
Had a great drum mod place here cut it down beautifully to an 18x12 like a Ludwig Jazzette.
So happy w the result.
Great feel and punchy sound
You’re lucky you got the true bop size BD
If you ever do care to sell, please remember me.
Enjoy