GOATS - Greatest Drummers of All Time, As Voted By You

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You live in /around Ottawa, if I'm not mistaken?

When I roll into the area from the Quebec side I can't help but sing "Well I got to Gatineau..." and air-drum the fill as soon as I see the signs... Every time...

But yeah, to keep on-topic, Lenny may not be even close to a GOAT by any stretch of the imagination but he sure did record some legit badass and inspiring drum tracks with absolutely killer tones, that serve the songs perfectly and stay with you long after the song is over. This, in and of itself is a talent I admire a lot.

Last edited:

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I live in the west end in the Bayshore area . We used say the best thing about Ottawa was being across the river from Hull ( Gatineau ) .

Cindi Blackman kills it , not only with Kravitz, but just anything else she has ever put her sticks to .

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I live in the west end in the Bayshore area . We used say the best thing about Ottawa was being across the river from Hull ( Gatineau ) .

Cindi Blackman kills it , not only with Kravitz, but just anything else she has ever put her sticks to .
When I started playing in bars in the early 90's, the Hull nighlife was happening, there were a few good clubs for live music and there was definitely no shortage of lovely young ladies. To this day it is still one of the cities in Qc I enjoy playing in the most. Lots of music loving people around. But in the last 15 years or so, prior to Covid, I felt Ottawa was a bit more vibrant than it used to be, with hipper restaurants and a better music scene. Though maybe it's just that I'm getting older and parties and girls are no longer my main focus ;-)

For the record, although Cindy Blackman is an awesome and totaly badass player, Lenny played the drum track for this particular song.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I started playing in bars in the early 90's, the Hull nighlife was happening, there were a few good clubs for live music and there was definitely no shortage of lovely young ladies. To this day it is still one of the cities in Qc I enjoy playing in the most. Lots of music loving people around. But in the last 15 years or so, prior to Covid, I felt Ottawa was a bit more vibrant than it used to be, with hipper restaurants and a better music scene. Though maybe it's just that I'm getting older and parties and girls are no longer my main focus ;-)

For the record, although Cindy Blackman is an awesome and totaly badass player, Lenny played the drum track for this particular song.

I wasn't aware of that , thanks for the intel .

The Chaudiere Golf Club was legendary . Right out of a Stephen King book .

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
I wont mention any names but there are several folks who usually appear at top of these kinds of lists that I really don't care much about. The idea of "best" in the arts seems to me to be dubious, at best. To me the best are whoever I happen to be into at the moment and some very obscure folks are often the picks...

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I wont mention any names but there are several folks who usually appear at top of these kinds of lists that I really don't care much about. The idea of "best" in the arts seems to me to be dubious, at best. To me the best are whoever I happen to be into at the moment and some very obscure folks are often the picks...
Interesting. What makes “the arts” exempt from appreciators choosing favorites. Haven’t art auctions always existed to declare arts leaders in terms of how much people pay for a painting or a sculpture.

Top Artists of the 20th Century:
  1. Pablo Picasso
  2. Paul Cezanne
  3. Gustav Klimt
  4. Claude Monet
  5. Marcel Duchamp
  6. Henri Matisse
  7. Jackson Pollock
  8. Andy Warhol
  9. Willem De Kooning
  10. Piet Mondrian
  11. https://www.parkwestgallery.com/top-200-artists-of-the-20th-century-to-now/

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Question to the OP. Do you do other sites with similar lists and gossip topics? I ask because I couldn't make out your avatar so I clicked it to get a better view. Are you a franchise?

promotionally-proportioned.jpg

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think I said this some time back in another thread.... I stopped being interested in such lists after seeing Elvis Presley listed as "Best Guitarist" in a Melody Maker magazine poll in the UK when I was a kid....

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Question to the OP. Do you do other sites with similar lists and gossip topics? I ask because I couldn't make out your avatar so I clicked it to get a better view. Are you a franchise?

View attachment 497264
Vistalite Black is exclusively on DrumForum.org. The avatar was created by a person on the forum.
Vistalite Black does not post "gossip topics."

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon, everyone knows its Buddy Rich and everyone else.

Any list that doesn't make him #1 should have their drum critic license pulled by the Drummers Academy International (or whatever!) :protest:

:icon_mrgreen:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Rubbish!

No Keltner
No Krupa
No Belson
No Purdue
No Elvin
No Morrello
No Philly Jo
No Big Sid
No Vinnie
No Max Roach
No Steve Jordan
No Earl Palmer
No Tony Williams
As discussed, this ranking reflects the public’s perception of who the best drummers are — and the public isn’t familiar with the drummers you listed.

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Jim Keltner, Levon Helm, and Russ Kunkel are my biggest influences. I guess it truly does not matter who does or doesn’t put them on a list with Slipknot’s drummer.