Going price for round badge 16” floor tom nowadays?

DD

Reaction score
Hi all- what do you guys think is fair price for 16” round badge floor tom these days? Looking for one for a strip-off-wrap-and-refinish project do I don’t need too nice a finish… but curious what a fair price is now for decent shape drum with complete complete hardware.

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's simple. When you're selling or don't need one, hardly anything, maybe $200-$250. When somebody else sells or you need one, 500-on-up bucks.

I can tell you you're more likely to get a deal on a bare shell and source the hardware yourself. If somebody has a complete dewrapped floor tom, they're probably looking for the cheap rack and bass to go with it.

Reactions: DD

DD

Reaction score
I can tell you you're more likely to get a deal on a bare shell and source the hardware yourself. If somebody has a complete dewrapped floor tom, they're probably looking for the cheap rack and bass to go with it.
Murphy’s Law right? My plan has been to wait and go for just a shell but then I saw complete tom pop up on eBay and just got me wondering… thanks for reply!

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think I saw the one you're referring to. I honestly don't think that price is too out of line, but only because it looks to be correct and complete down to the badge, legs, and t-rods - a $375 drum missing those is actually more expensive. The mounts and mufflers indicate early 60's, so likely never had a paper tag.

That bit of paint on the bearing edge probably indicates it's not going to be a good candidate for a clear finish, but otherwise looks like you just need wrap and you're in business.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is that black on eBay for $500 or so. Not bad. I picked up my 16" RB champagne for less than that, and it is pristine except for ONE small hole!
It just depends......

DD

Reaction score
That bit of paint on the bearing edge probably indicates it's not going to be a good candidate for a clear finish, but otherwise looks like you just need wrap and you're in business.
That bit of paint was the part I wasn’t sure about…was hoping to do clear finish so like you said this one may not turn out to work so great for that…