***GONE***""24" Avedis Zildjian 1950's Block Stamp Ride 3510g (video)

jsp210

Reaction score
Not a motivated seller but I've got too many rides from this era and this one deserves to be played more. I'll take $365 $335 plus actual shipping from 28607. I have it listed up on reverb for $100 more and want this to go to someone who can appreciate and use it so I'm offering it here at a discounted price.

Here's the Reverb link with more info and photos - https://rvrb.io/1950s-24-avedis-bl-6dgp3v

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Seller knows EXACTLY how to record cymbals (and drums) and frickin' knows how to play them. That cymbal sounds luscious; wish I could buy it.

jsp210

Reaction score
Seller knows EXACTLY how to record cymbals (and drums) and frickin' knows how to play them. That cymbal sounds luscious; wish I could buy it.
Thanks so much for the kind words. "Luscious" is a perfect word for this one indeed! Feels great under the stick too.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is there any chance you could make another short video playing medium slow jazz time using a slightly smaller stick. No drumming just the ride beat with hi hat on 2 and 4?

That would be awesome .

kevin klever

Reaction score
Beauty! My favourite era of Old As. Something about the stick sound has a very specific character with 50s hollow block and 50s large stamp cymbals. They sound great on their own but when you get a band in there they're pure magic.

jsp210

Reaction score
Beauty! My favourite era of Old As. Something about the stick sound has a very specific character with 50s hollow block and 50s large stamp cymbals. They sound great on their own but when you get a band in there they're pure magic.
My favorite era as well and yes indeed they are fabulous in a band setting. Record beautifully too.

jsp210

Reaction score
Is there any chance you could make another short video playing medium slow jazz time using a slightly smaller stick. No drumming just the ride beat with hi hat on 2 and 4?

That would be awesome .
Not taking requests:p

No just kidding, let me work on it for you this afternoon. I have a preferred stick that I use for everything and I like how the beefier hickory stick pulls out a little of the underlying smokey notes in the rides. Let me see what I can find in a lighter weight. Would you like a maple or hickory stick with that sir?

bonzo60

Reaction score
This is very nice! What a beauty, I enjoy these block stamps myself and have a number of them but no 24". It just goes to show that weight alone can be deceiving when making a purchasing decision.
When you make the next video just use both hickory and maple.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ha.
Just a hickory stick in the 7A or Jazz or 5A size..tear drop tip :cool:

Also...please wear green socks when making the demo.
Makes a huge difference.

jsp210

Reaction score

That would be awesome .
The only lightweight hickory stick I could find was a Vater BeBop 525 which is nothing I ever use. Here is some imperfect jazz time with an imperfect mix. My bass player is getting swallowed up by the bass traps around me so headphones or a subwoofer is recommended. Not at all my comfort zone but you get the picture.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome!

Perfect.

Those hi hats are killing me!

What are those?!?

Perfect chick sound. Wow

jsp210

Reaction score
Still available. Open to the possibility of trading this for the following 22-24" Istanbul Agop rides:

- Epoch
- Signature
- Om
- 30th