Good news!!!!!!!Ludwig Chrome over Vistalite

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
stripp them and then start sanding the shells with 600 grit and then again with 800 grit and then again with 1000 and on and on until you get to 2500grit or 3000 grit, Make sure you have sanded all the scratches out of them and then take some soft cut rubbing compound and polish them with a rotary car buffer. They should shine right up and all the rust would have of course been eliminated early in the sanding process. Or just rewrap them to look however you desire.
I removed the rust and adhesive and there are almost no scratches on them. I should have them finished this weekend….. I got lucky

IBitePrettyHard

Reaction score
Reading the title made no sense at first. Ludwig covered some of their Vistas with chrome? But I guess it makes sense if they wanted to move the white ones that weren't selling, haha.

The kit turned out great! Were you able to salvage the badges? That's the only thing that's really "missing" other than the wood bass drum hoops.

If you plan to play it and not just flip it, you should get some wood hoops. Wood hoops bring out the low end and reduce the annoying high end frequencies.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Reading the title made no sense at first. Ludwig covered some of their Vistas with chrome? But I guess it makes sense if they wanted to move the white ones that weren't selling, haha.

The kit turned out great! Were you able to salvage the badges? That's the only thing that's really "missing" other than the wood bass drum hoops.

If you plan to play it and not just flip it, you should get some wood hoops. Wood hoops bring out the low end and reduce the annoying high end frequencies.
I was able to save two of the badges and will be putting them back on.