Good place to Purchase Triple-flange hoops?

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have never bought drum building parts or supplies before...and I did do a search but did not find anything that answered this...

Thinking of replacing a full set of diecast hoops on a set of Tama Starclassic Performers (birch from the 90s). Why? Curious how these shells would sound\play without the weight and rigidity of the diecasts. The Tama hoops have the built in "holes" for the Starcast mounts so they are pretty substantial size and weight wise.

Looking for 8", 10", 12", 14", 16" (2 ea. obviously).

Any favorite dealers for something like this? Looking for something between junk and "top O' the line". Don't need the best, don't want junk...lol. Ebay is a little scary because I have gotten used hoops that were warped\bent before.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

THANKS in advance.

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A music store? Drum shop? Just GOOGLE " Where can I purchase triple flange hoops?" I replace the batter side hoops on my snare drums with die cast, improves the sound. Resonant side? Use the triple flange "let 'em ring" originals Be aware of the thickness of the hoops you are looking at, the possibility that you are going to want to replace some heads also. Good luck!

Skeet6

Reaction score
I have a set of 10, 12, 14 (2.3mm) that I was going to list this week. PM me, they are as new. You may have seen my post where I recently went to diecast on one of my PDC kits. (See avatar photo).
Mike B

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Every once in a great while, I don't find exactly what I need at DFD. But I definitely agree to start there. Honestly, I find great deals on Reverb and Ebay on used hoops sometimes. There's a seller on Ebay that ONLY sells hoops. . . .However, every time I ask for a particular hoop, he doesn't have what I need. That's not helpful, lol. :scratch: