Goofy question: Formica as wrap. Anyone pre-cut it?

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to work in building materials way back in my youth. Vertical grade countertop laminate as suggested by others here should work just fine. I suspect it may be the exact same thing Ludwig uses for its Cortex finishes mentioned earlier in the thread. Unlike the regular stiffer version, it'll bend easily and hold on tight to a curved surface. Make sure you like it before you glue it on, because I understand that it's a real bear to take off. The good thing is that stuff is tough as can be, so you won't be wearing it out soon.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to work in building materials way back in my youth. Vertical grade countertop laminate as suggested by others here should work just fine. I suspect it may be the exact same thing Ludwig uses for its Cortex finishes mentioned earlier in the thread. Unlike the regular stiffer version, it'll bend easily and hold on tight to a curved surface. Make sure you like it before you glue it on, because I understand that it's a real bear to take off. The good thing is that stuff is tough as can be, so you won't be wearing it out soon.

I've stil got a sheet of that here. It's the Ludwig butcher block version. Even though it's countertop material ... it's much thinner than the mainstream countertop stuff. So, you have to be VERY careful when ordering it. It is flexible and relatively simple to work with. I used it for a project several years ago. Worked brilliantly.

microswitch

Reaction score
I have a sample from precision of White Pearl and Vintage(Aged) white Pearl. The white pearl is .19 mil while the vintage Pearl is .29 Mil.
I work with wood and resurface Kitchen Cabinets. I use the Vertical Formica Panel to cover all the frames and such. You would have no problem covering a 10" tom but I would not recommended for a 8" or small. So this beg the question..... if the smallest drum we have to cover is 10" there should no be any issue with the rest. Vertical Formica was created to give more flexibility to the installer; it is thinner and more flexible. But I would not use tape !!!! That is for sure ...........3M contact cement is the ONLY way to go
Home Depot sales 1/2 sheet . They not Formica thought, they are made form a different company, but basically same thing. Take a trip there. They normally have sample.. just make sure you ask for VERTICAL Panel formica