Gorilla Glue...actually not off topic....Fun fact.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So, I recently had a small piece of the tip of a new drumstick break off. In looking at it, I actually think it was a flaw and the grain of the wood was the culprit. Anyway, just for fun and because they were a brand new pair of sticks, I thought, "what would happen if I used some Gorilla Glue to attach the small piece that had broken off. Viola', it actually worked. Benn playing with the sticks and hasn't broken back off. Sure you say, but just a tiny bit of tip? So, I took another more severely broken stick, one that had broken down the shaft in a typical fashion and tried that as well. Can almost not even see that the stick was ever broken and have been using them all day. Sweet fix if your not a stickler (pun intended).

Sure, for the purists, it probably changed the weight and has some affect on the flexibility of the wood but I can't notice it and I just two pairs of sticks back.

Stickclick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have some Gorilla Glue at my house. I did not know that it can be used to repair drum sticks. Thanks for the tip.

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There is a widespread belief—one with no historical or grammatical foundation—that it is an error to begin a sentence with a conjunction such as and, but, or so. In fact, a substantial percentage (often as many as 10 percent) of the sentences in first-rate writing begin with conjunctions. It has been so for centuries, and even the most conservative grammarians have followed this practice.—CMS, 5.206.

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but if a word doesn't add any value to a sentence, and removing it actually makes it clearer, why use it?

Drm1979

Reaction score
If you spread it on your hands, you seldom will drop a stick.
More like you'll never drop a stick again, ever. I used that stuff to repair my automatic pool vacuum 2 years ago. And despite two hot florida summers and 3 - 4 times a week in a chlorinated pool it's still holding strong.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but if a word doesn't add any value to a sentence, and removing it actually makes it clearer, why use it?
Perhaps, if a comment doesn't add any value to a post we should do the same? Come on, really?

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh Super Glue, that's some good stuff. There are different grades of that stuff also. It soaks into the grain of the wood or other porous materials and when it dries the two pieces becomes one. It has a long chemical name but in short it's called CA glue. We use a higher grade of CA glue building balsa models although it's only used for wood. Purchased in Hobby Shops or on line. If you put it on something like plastic or foam it will either melt it down or eat a hole it. There are some that will work on plastic, so make sure you read the label before you buy. I have thought of dipping the tip of the drum stick in a bottle to make it stronger but haven't tried it.

Be careful with it, it will glue your fingers together. Keep it away from children.

sherm

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, and "so" is a coordinating conjunction. You shouldn't start sentences with those. They are used to join main clauses.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ive used gorilla glue to patch calf skin heads. A friend gave me two 20” slingerland calf bass drum heads. Unfortuntely one had a tear in the center and the other he had cut a hole in. I took pieces of an old busted head and gorilla glued repairs on both heads. They are solid, have held up for years and sound great.

Latest posts