Gorilla Glue...actually not off topic....Fun fact.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So, I recently had a small piece of the tip of a new drumstick break off. In looking at it, I actually think it was a flaw and the grain of the wood was the culprit. Anyway, just for fun and because they were a brand new pair of sticks, I thought, "what would happen if I used some Gorilla Glue to attach the small piece that had broken off. Viola', it actually worked. Benn playing with the sticks and hasn't broken back off. Sure you say, but just a tiny bit of tip? So, I took another more severely broken stick, one that had broken down the shaft in a typical fashion and tried that as well. Can almost not even see that the stick was ever broken and have been using them all day. Sweet fix if your not a stickler (pun intended).

Sure, for the purists, it probably changed the weight and has some affect on the flexibility of the wood but I can't notice it and I just two pairs of sticks back.
Good product but sad what they do to the gorillas to produce it

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Also, don’t use too much as it expands like crazy. I imagine that’s why they have the brush on applicator.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Writing for a drum forum? Write about drums and things related to drums.
Also, don’t use too much as it expands like crazy. I imagine that’s why they have the brush on applicator.
Yes, I have seen that happen with the version that is activated by water...lots of expansion. This, while somewhat thick, did not seem to expand and having the brush applicator allowed me to really get it into the grain. I suspect this won't work for a heavy hitter and I am mindful to keep the repaired stick in my "weaker" hand. Both the fully cracked stick and broken tip stick are still intact after daily use.