Gospel gig this weekend

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Finally getting back into the saddle after my 2nd child. I have a church gig this weekend. I’ve played there before but it’s been awhile.

The music is fairly diverse and usually ends up being a combination of gospel and modern praise and worship. The drums are behind the glass and mic’d, but the band leader has said that their PA system isn’t the best at picking up the drums. So they like it loud!

Help me choose some good stuff...probably a ride, 2 crashes, and hats. Might be able to squeeze in a china/swish?

Ride: K Custom 22, K Light 24, K Heavy 21
Crashes: 19 or 20 K Dark Thin, 20 Crash of Doom, 18 Kerope
Hats: 15” New Beat, 15” K Sweet, 16” Lights

REF

Reaction score
Finally getting back into the saddle after my 2nd child. I have a church gig this weekend. I’ve played there before but it’s been awhile.

The music is fairly diverse and usually ends up being a combination of gospel and modern praise and worship. The drums are behind the glass and mic’d, but the band leader has said that their PA system isn’t the best at picking up the drums. So they like it loud!

Help me choose some good stuff...probably a ride, 2 crashes, and hats. Might be able to squeeze in a china/swish?

Ride: K Custom 22, K Light 24, K Heavy 21
Crashes: 19 or 20 K Dark Thin, 20 Crash of Doom, 18 Kerope
Hats: 15” New Beat, 15” K Sweet, 16” Lights
Those would be my choices (in green) for a contained church gig, from what you list. If the drums are behind a shield and the PA is not picking the set up well ... mic placement? Or simply whoever is at the sound board not dialing things in well? Or, remove the shield and take the mics off the set.

Latest posts