Grabbing a Pearl 4214D COB snare tomorrow

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This just popped up in my local FB marketplace & I immediately messaged the guy. He responded right away & has reserved it for me (scout's honour). Fingers crossed.4214D 1.jpg 4214D 2.jpg

I gigged all last weekend with it's "little brother", a 4214 5.5x14 little "beater" snare that has holes drilled in it to mount it onto a harness, the poor thing. She still sounds amazing and rarely gets left home from a gig. Friday night the stage was just pumping. We were doing rockabilly/swing numbers on a big club stage with a ridiculously big PA for its size & I could hear/feel the nice brassy tone of the snare pump through the FOH & cut through all the slappy upright bass stuff like a ninjas sword. It was an evening of initiation to swing/lindy hop dancing & there was a huge crowd dancing out front. So much fun! Melvis:Rogers.jpg

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
This just popped up in my local FB marketplace & I immediately messaged the guy. He responded right away & has reserved it for me (scout's honour). Fingers crossed.View attachment 389990 View attachment 389991

I gigged all last weekend with it's "little brother", a 4214 5.5x14 little "beater" snare that has holes drilled in it to mount it onto a harness, the poor thing. She still sounds amazing and rarely gets left home from a gig. Friday night the stage was just pumping. We were doing rockabilly/swing numbers on a big club stage with a ridiculously big PA for its size & I could hear/feel the nice brassy tone of the snare pump through the FOH & cut through all the slappy upright bass stuff like a ninjas sword. It was an evening of initiation to swing/lindy hop dancing & there was a huge crowd dancing out front. So much fun! View attachment 390001
I use a hammered Pearl brass snare and in some rooms its the best !!

Nice band !! Suzy Arioli plays a snare sometimes when she's doing Montreal cajun .

Latest posts