Grand Prix Etched Aluminum wtf?

deegeebee

Reaction score
Anyone have any info about this snare or brand?

Grand Prix 14" X 5" ,Etched Aluminum Shell,Snare Drum,10 Lugs a Side https://reverb.com/item/34409559-grand-prix-14-x-5-etched-aluminum-shell-snare-drum-10-lugs-a-side?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34409559

Seems like agood deal for a cheap aluminum snare to go with my jam place kit, but can't find any info online what with Gretsch using the grand prix name more recently. Any info much appreciated.

Cheers!

deegeebee

Reaction score
Anyone seen anything like this before? Some sort of cheap stencil import maybe? 10 decent lugs and a cast strainer seems strange if that were the case, some sort of modern home jobby? Then why the branded heads and riveret badge?

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Anyone seen anything like this before? Some sort of cheap stencil import maybe? 10 decent lugs and a cast strainer seems strange if that were the case, some sort of modern home jobby? Then why the branded heads and riveret badge?
I'm thinking someone with a laser etcher thought there was money in buying no name stuff and hot roding them....I think he's right...nice look for not a lot of $