Grapevine Fires - My First Cover

Reaction score
Nice, sounds good. What snare is that? Looks interesting. Also, looks like your rack tom is in the middle, centre over the bass drum?
It's an 8x14 Gretsch Broadkaster.

This is the setup. I have Cerebral Palsy and back issues so I modified a Speed Cobra double so it's offset. That way I can position everything where it's most comfortable, independent of the bass drum. I can turn it into a double pedal too.

IMG_20200701_201226_254.jpg
FB_IMG_1593488874536.jpg
FB_IMG_1593488867874.jpg

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
20" Paiste Signature Full Crash.
You sound great! It does not sound like the first cover you put out.
Congrats on your cover. I've started doing them about 7 months ago on an EAD10, but soon to switch to DAW. I was more nervous showing a drum cover I did than doing my first gig.
The 20 Sig Full such a nice cymbal! I love it. The Full line is amazing

Reaction score
You sound great! It does not sound like the first cover you put out.
Congrats on your cover. I've started doing them about 7 months ago on an EAD10, but soon to switch to DAW. I was more nervous showing a drum cover I did than doing my first gig.
The 20 Sig Full such a nice cymbal! I love it. The Full line is amazing
Thank you. I had an EAD10 too but I wasn't happy with the mic balance so that's why I went with the DAW.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I had an EAD10 too but I wasn't happy with the mic balance so that's why I went with the DAW.
I know what ya mean about the EAD. I gues one of the few advantages of doing a cover, is ya gotta get real close, and keep near perfect time through the tunes. My Rec n Share apps click rarely worked, as you said, the mic just doesn't quite do it. Getting levels right in my ears was next to impossible.
I just figured out how to mic it to the Model 24 (wish I got the 12, as it has a DAW control). At least I can hear all my drums, and cymbals now, but I'm also close micing my kit. Not worth it for me.
May I ask what you went with for interface, and DAW, as well as video editing?

Reaction score
I know what ya mean about the EAD. I gues one of the few advantages of doing a cover, is ya gotta get real close, and keep near perfect time through the tunes. My Rec n Share apps click rarely worked, as you said, the mic just doesn't quite do it. Getting levels right in my ears was next to impossible.
I just figured out how to mic it to the Model 24 (wish I got the 12, as it has a DAW control). At least I can hear all my drums, and cymbals now, but I'm also close micing my kit. Not worth it for me.
May I ask what you went with for interface, and DAW, as well as video editing?
For me the bass drum was extremely loud, so it was unusable.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface into FL Studio. I recorded the video with my Samsung Galaxy using DroidCam into Debut Video Capture. For editing I used VideoPad.

Latest posts