Great Grandpa’s Drums

Reaction score
Hello we have a beautiful drum set and many accessories,6 vintage pedals and cymbals of various sizes .
Carl lindgren was in WWII and played the drums .He also to make extra money played Jazz jobs on the side.He was 88 when he did his last jazz gig. The drums are WFL(before serial numbers ) the one floor Tom has a serial and is Ludwig .
Would love to go to someone that would love them !!

thanks for looking
Michelle Johnson
949-542-9726

Attachments

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Orange County California. Some better photos of the drums would be helpful. Sizes, condition, any obvious issues (cracks or holes in the wraps). Check the cymbals for die stamps to determine brand and era. Sizes and weights would be helpful. You can get some answers here as to exactly what you have.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My own father would have been your Grandfather's age today. He owned that exact throne, which I used the firs few years that I learned to play. It worked...but whoa, not the most comfortable!! Good luck.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
A beautiful link to the 1940s and 1950s. Please sell this to someone who will really appreciate the history of this set and the man who owned and played them.

As Frankie above says, you are in the right place.

Reaction score
A beautiful link to the 1940s and 1950s. Please sell this to someone who will really appreciate the history of this set and the man who owned and played them.

As Frankie above says, you are in the right place.
Awesome will take better pics and describe better :)Thank u

Reaction score
Orange County California. Some better photos of the drums would be helpful. Sizes, condition, any obvious issues (cracks or holes in the wraps). Check the cymbals for die stamps to determine brand and era. Sizes and weights would be helpful. You can get some answers here as to exactly what you have.
I will post better pics and describe them more appropriately:)Thank you

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Awesome will take better pics and describe better :)Thank u

Thank you for giving us the chance to see such a wonderful time capsule of drumming.
more pictures would be a real treat and will help you find a buyer.

Very hard for me to tell, but my thinking is these may be Slingerland. These are WMP, and of course Slingerland led the world in that color.

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If those cymbals date back that far, could be some really nice ones. That China looks intriguing
Yes indeed. Some unusual bells on some of those cymbals. Not like typical A's. Early type 1/2 trans stamps? 30's/early 40's A's? K's? Italian? Interesting puzzle.

I can see the crown / keystone style badge on the floor tom. And the bass drum T-rods look like Ludwigs rather than Slingerlands. Several speed king style pedals including the one on the hi hat. A couple Slingerland Epic pedals. A 50's WFL kit certainly makes sense. 12,14,22 or 13,16,22? The head on the small tom seems to have a 60's Ludwig style logo. I don't see anything pre-50's there except possibly the cymbals. The W&A throne is pretty typical of 50's to mid-60's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Doing this now and will post as soon as I do have to work at 2:30 !!Very excited to read all the feed back .

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Those look beautiful from what I can tell. I can already see that the floor tom is a Ludwig from probably the early 60's. It's possible that if the other drums are WFL that this set was originally a three piece and the floor tom was added on later? Everything looks beautifly white.

Latest posts