Great Grandpa’s Drums

Reaction score
I am sorry and posted these pics on a reply :/
part 2 camera is terrible but you can see the cymbal stamps (kinda) accessories and pedals etc :)

the response from everyone of you is amazing !!Thank you ..

Attachments

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
all good pics; can't recall Robert Paiste on a Paiste cymbal before.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Now a duplicate thread running on this same topic. I thought I posted twice.....now I know why. The other thread has responses over the past few days. This one just started up today with cymbal photos. Should end this one....continue with the other.

Original running thread

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
the Zildjians I call 1st stamp (but you guys call Pre-Trans)
they're from the what? mid late 1930s Michelle/

So you have $2-300 worth in cymbals
take a ruler and measure Across the bottom's to get exact diameters of all

toddlittle827

Reaction score
Hi Michelle, is there any other engraving on the "Robert Paiste" cymbal? And if so, can you please post a picture?

This is most likely a Paiste Stambul with a variant emboss logo from the very early days of the Swiss factory (circa 1957)

This is the first time I have seen this logo variation on a Paiste. There are other Stambuls out there with RP's name engraved on them (I have two in my collection) but the placement of the name is different, with it coming above the Swiss made, not at the top.

Reaction score
Hi Michelle, is there any other engraving on the "Robert Paiste" cymbal? And if so, can you please post a picture?

This is most likely a Paiste Stambul with a variant emboss logo from the very early days of the Swiss factory (circa 1957)

This is the first time I have seen this logo variation on a Paiste. There are other Stambuls out there with RP's name engraved on them (I have two in my collection) but the placement of the name is different, with it coming above the Swiss made, not at the top.

Attachments