Great Ludwig ad!

el_37

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Interesting how both the former Gretsch and Ludwig factories are now luxury condos.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bob must have been the first guy to mount 2 cymbals on one stand.

Reaction score
That's intriguing. What size is it?
It's a 5x14 ten lug SS. 3 ply maple interior w/ 7xx,xxx keystone badge. Opposite the badge hole there's another grommeted vent hole too. Black diamond wrap. It's a "special order" drum I think?

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
I'll ask what may seem like a couple of stupid questions.....how does the second cymbal mount lower on the stand? Also, can you crash the cymbal or just treat it as a ride cymbal? Is it then clangy?
Thanks for the answer in advance :)

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
The old stand’s top rod will fit a standard cymbal hole. I’ve usually put a couple felts beneath it to get it off the wing bolt. Use it like any other cymbal.

gkrk

Reaction score
It's a 5x14 ten lug SS. 3 ply maple interior w/ 7xx,xxx keystone badge. Opposite the badge hole there's another grommeted vent hole too. Black diamond wrap. It's a "special order" drum I think?
I've often wondered why Ludwig didn't make wood shell Super Sensitives in the '60s other than marching snares. Yours sound pretty cool. Thanks for the information.

Last edited:

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Neil Peart did it too. First with his rid and a crash. Later he also did the same thing with his two china cymbals.

SKSMITH

Reaction score
Ian Paice also had a crash mounted above his ride when he played Ludwig's. Check out the cover of Made In Japan.

Latest posts