Great new album by The Dead Daisies.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Have a listen to their new album Holy ground. Really good stuff. Glen Hughes sings his face off.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really follow this band but I have noticed that they seem to change band members all the time. Drummer, singer, etc. I guess Dean (or Deen) is out now.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody put up representative track of the band.. thanks.

brianb

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes! Great new album by a fantastic band. I’ve been following them since the beginning and have all their albums. Every one of them is excellent in my opinion.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody put up representative track of the band.. thanks.
Here’s a new one, showing off their uncanny ability to sound familiar on the first listen. This one has a strong Bad Company vibe, but with far more generic lyrics.
The ever-changing lineup now includes (correct me if wrong) — Glenn Hughes (ex-Deep Purple), Doug Aldrich (ex-Whitesnake) and David Lowy (whose dad owns a chain of retail stores in Australia).
This week, Tommy Clufetos (ex-Black Sabbath) was announced as Deen Castranovo’s replacement two days before Castronovo said he quit the band.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sad that Deen had to back out. He needs a back operation.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I listened to the provided examples. They seem to be just one more supergroup that sounds absolutely fantastic playing songs I have no desire to ever hear again. I wish instrumental talent had anything to do with good songwriting.
You must be listening to a different album. :)

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be listening to a different album. :)
My wife doesn't like chocolate ice cream. It happens. Different people have different tastes.

I find it hard to relate to Dead Daisies' lyrics like these lines from "Bustle and Flow":

"Now it's time to break, I gotta get my shield
I'm in earthquake
On the battlefield
We are one in the rodeo
In the white chateau in the bustle and flow"

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
My wife doesn't like chocolate ice cream. It happens. Different people have different tastes.

I find it hard to relate to Dead Daisies' lyrics like these lines from "Bustle and Flow":

"Now it's time to break, I gotta get my shield
I'm in earthquake
On the battlefield
We are one in the rodeo
In the white chateau in the bustle and flow"
Led Zeppelin was pretty popular with bad lyrics. :)

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lemme try and listen again I think I hear big Girl hair in there too. You know I was always envious of those type of guys. They always got (or stole from me) the best looking girls. C'est la Vie.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lemme try and listen again I think I hear big Girl hair in there too. You know I was always envious of those type of guys. They always got (or stole from me) the best looking girls. C'est la Vie.
The good news is 30 years later, those girls are ready to give the rest of a chance. Or maybe that's bad news...Yep, no thanks.