Great Ride Cymbal

Johnny K

Reaction score
I had a 20 K Dry, and that had great stick definition, great bell, and won't wash out on ya.
I'll 2nd that! I have one now. It weights a ton, no wash, but it does have this low frequency hum/rumble that's kinda cool when your tapping out shuffle grooves and spang a langs. My only gripe, it dont crash well.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'll 2nd that! I have one now. It weights a ton, no wash, but it does have this low frequency hum/rumble that's kinda cool when your tapping out shuffle grooves and spang a langs. My only gripe, it dont crash well.
No, it doesn't crash well. Maybe with a sledgehammer?
That was my all time favorite Zildjian ride. It recorded great, excellent stick definition, bell, yadda yadda.
If it did wash out, or crash, it wouldn't have had the other great characteristics.
For me, the closest think to the perfect ride is the 24 2002. Even that can get out of control with wash. I've found the angle I play it at, makes all the difference.

Johnny K

Reaction score
That was my all time favorite Zildjian ride. It recorded great, excellent stick definition, bell, yadda yadda.
It's my only ZIldjian ride. I paid maybe 200 bucks for it used. I love it. I have 18" Custom Fast Crash a quick wrist flick to right and just above the ride. There are 2 more rides that I would like to pick up. A 22" K-Con Renaissance and a 22" K-Sweet.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's my only ZIldjian ride. I paid maybe 200 bucks for it used. I love it. I have 18" Custom Fast Crash a quick wrist flick to right and just above the ride. There are 2 more rides that I would like to pick up. A 22" K-Con Renaissance and a 22" K-Sweet.
Nice. I still have a couple Zildjian's I kept. It's almost a crap shoot on how good they sound, but when they're good, they're very good! Paiste may have some differences, but they're consistent. I'm picking up a DE 17 tomorrow to go with the 19. Also looking for the 18 fast

Johnny K

Reaction score
Nice. I still have a couple Zildjian's I kept. It's almost a crap shoot on how good they sound, but when they're good, they're very good! Paiste may have some differences, but they're consistent. I'm picking up a DE 17 tomorrow to go with the 19. Also looking for the 18 fast
The 18 Fast is far and away for me the perfect crash cymbal. Get in, get out, dont linger. I have a 16 Fast too, and it's lame by comparison. I paid almost as much for the 18 Fast use as I did for the Custom Dry Ride.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to pick one up. I love the 18 Sig full, any size 2002, but my favorite 2 have to be the 20 inch GB, and a pre serial 602. Actually it's hard to say. I really like them all. The only one I'm not un love with is my 19 DE. I'm going to get a 17 too, as someone near me is getting rid of a hardly used one for buck fifty. I've heard them recorded, and they sound much better as a set. I still have to say, the 15 2002 SE hats are by far and away my favorite cymbal. 18 2002 China is also amazing.
Does the Fast crash decay real fast? I really haven't looked into it much at all. Is it a Sig alloy?

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm going to have to pick one up. I love the 18 Sig full, any size 2002, but my favorite 2 have to be the 20 inch GB, and a pre serial 602. Actually it's hard to say. I really like them all. The only one I'm not un love with is my 19 DE. I'm going to get a 17 too, as someone near me is getting rid of a hardly used one for buck fifty. I've heard them recorded, and they sound much better as a set. I still have to say, the 15 2002 SE hats are by far and away my favorite cymbal. 18 2002 China is also amazing.
Does the Fast crash decay real fast? I really haven't looked into it much at all. Is it a Sig alloy?
I have the 18” Sig Fast. Nice cymbal. I don’t feel that it decays all that fast. Probably just a thinner version of the full.

Latest posts