GREGG BISSONETTE JOINS SABIAN

LimaPop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Greg is a fantastic drummer but not making headlines for anyone, so does it really matter?

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
LimaPop said:
Greg is a fantastic drummer but not making headlines for anyone, so does it really matter?
Wow...

Well he did just depart on Ringo's 2016 tour so I guess he will be more visible at this point. I suppose it matters to Sabian.

W

wayne

Cymbal market is saturated worse than drums now, so its no surprise the guys are jumping ship. Money talks!!......So does that mean Ringo will be looking for another drummer??

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
wayne said:
Cymbal market is saturated worse than drums now, so its no surprise the guys are jumping ship. Money talks!!......So does that mean Ringo will be looking for another drummer??
Why would he? Gregg also endorses Dixon drums, not Ludwig. You are assuming Gregg is somehow on the Sabian payroll. Pretty sure that's not how it works.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Usually endorsements just mean they get backline support on national tours, plus the ability to cherry pick instruments at the factory, and maybe get a little discount. There are a few cases where a top name might get free gear. I remember Willy Winant (symphony percussionist, also worked with some big rock bands) showed me a pile of unopened boxes of instruments he had been sent after signing a new endorsement deal. And I know one guy on another forum who endorses every brand that he can, I suspect as a way of building up his brand as a "famous artist". But I doubt any of that matters to Bissonnette at this point--he's got a good name and a good gig. And I highly doubt Sabian is paying him, because that's not how it works.

Which does make me wonder why this endorsement happened, or matters to anyone. Not to in any way disparage either party--but who benefits from this, and how?

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
Went fo see the Ringo Starr Allstar Band last night and Greg B was exceptional ! Sabian should be proud to have him on the roster ! :wink: His Dixons and Sabians sounded great !! IMHO

Attachments

jskdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
AtlantaDrumGuy said:
He was Zildjian. So really, not much of a change.
While I see where you're coming from since it's the same family…Reality in my world is that Sabian is forward thinking & taking chances & will custom make anything you want….Zildjian…hey they're Zildjian & you should bow down...

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I'm going to see Ringo on Friday so it will be cool to see Gregg again. I have'nt seen him since 1988 when he was with DLR!

Normandy Drums

Reaction score
I believe Sabian has an education program which would appeal to Gregg given his history of clinics, etc. Also, Gregg makes everything sound good.

What It Is

Reaction score
L_R_L_R_L_L_ said:
I believe Sabian has an education program which would appeal to Gregg given his history of clinics, etc. Also, Gregg makes everything sound good.
Gregg is an excellent player, clinician and educator. He should head that department and get into the schools. Really like where Sabian is going, especially with Stanton Moore and the Crescent line.