Gretsch 1970's Stopsign Badge in Walnut Finish

Mouse

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for info on a set like this, it's five piece w/snare that I will look at soon, no photo's yet.

Thanks, Mouse

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
What kind of info are you looking for? I have a 1974-sh SSB Rosewood set that I got in 1983 when I was 12. It is my first set and it came with a 1966 supra. I added the correct chrome SSB snare and nothing has been altered. I added modern Gretsch floor tom legs as the old ones would slip pretty bad however I did not drill any extra holes and I still have the original ones if I decide to put them back on.

Attachments

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just wondering what the value might be for a set like this?
It's kind of hard to shout out a number without knowing specifics, but generally-speaking, expect to pay somewhere between $800 - $1200 for a SSB-era Gretsch kit in an original factory walnut finish (not a kit that had its wrap peeled and was stained by a previous owner), in common-for-the-era sizes (i.e., 12/13/16/22), that has no nasty mods (i.e. someone didn't remove a factory-installed double-tom mount and drill extra holes or widen the original holes to accommodate a mount from another manufacturer), no rusted or heavily pitted hardware, no noticeable scratches, and with all its rods and hoops, perhaps less for "concert tom" kits, or kits with 24" bass drums, and likely 20-30% more for "jazz" sizes, 12/14/20, especially, 12/14/18. Hope this helps in your quest.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 piece Drop G concert tom set with diecast hoops and stands I'm looking to sell that you could add to make a killer set!

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to shout out a number without knowing specifics, but generally-speaking, expect to pay somewhere between $800 - $1200 for a SSB-era Gretsch kit in an original factory walnut finish (not a kit that had its wrap peeled and was stained by a previous owner), in common-for-the-era sizes (i.e., 12/13/16/22), that has no nasty mods (i.e. someone didn't remove a factory-installed double-tom mount and drill extra holes or widen the original holes to accommodate a mount from another manufacturer), no rusted or heavily pitted hardware, no noticeable scratches, and with all its rods and hoops, perhaps less for "concert tom" kits, or kits with 24" bass drums, and likely 20-30% more for "jazz" sizes, 12/14/20, especially, 12/14/18. Hope this helps in your quest.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ These are very workable, real-world prices that represent a good starting point when it comes to Gretsch. I know that we are frequently assuming that Gretsch kits sell for multiple thousands of dollars, and that happens in cases of very desirable Gretsch kits. But that is not the case for the average USA kit.

Still, owners/sellers of USA Gretsch kits (and Renowns) can be assured that Gretsch kits will consistently bring more money than comparable kits from any other drum company.

GeeDeeEmm

Mouse

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The set is a little beat up so she only want's $500.00 for the 5 piece set with cases. Mouse

Mouse

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish the set was smaller, they are 13, 14, 18, 22 with snare. I never saw an 18" floor tom before, at first I thought it was the bass...lol

AustinFitz

Reaction score
I wish the set was smaller, they are 13, 14, 18, 22 with snare. I never saw an 18" floor tom before, at first I thought it was the bass...lol
Nothing wrong with big drums in my opinion! My favorite configuration right now is 13, 14, 16, 18" toms, and a 24" bass drum. They sound beautiful, and they just feel SOOO nice to hit! Fun to play tuned up, or down.