Gretsch Alternative to Ludwig Acrolite

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice to know this. Given the price differential there are probably more acrolites in my future though

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have one of these snares. It sounds good cranked up. I don't think it has that fat range of the Acroe has and mine doesn't get played. If someone is really looking for one, please PM me.

dale w miller

Reaction score
I have one of these snares. It sounds good cranked up. I don't think it has that fat range of the Acroe has and mine doesn't get played. If someone is really looking for one, please PM me.
I thought my Acrolite sounded good only when cranked. The sound wasn’t even that impressive then. I traded it.

Last edited:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like my aluminum Standard as well as my Slingy aluminum (8 lug). The latter I think we be a good recording drum because its got a great sort of generic/dry sound....maybe clean is a better description.

drums147

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It would have to be a heck of a great student model snare to pay $300 when you can get Acrolites all day for around $100 . . . NAD

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
It would have to be a heck of a great student model snare to pay $300 when you can get Acrolites all day for around $100 . . . NAD
First off it's not a student model (those were 6 lugs mostly without a muffler). Second you'd expect t pay at least this much for a Ludwig Acro in comparable condition. And 3rd, it's a moot point because it sold.

Latest posts