Gretsch Broadkaster (gunmetal era) bop kit Satin Burnt Orange

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wow, that's a sweet deal. If only I didn't have to cough up my property taxes in a couple of weeks :crybaby:

Reactions: JDA

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not too far for me ( although not exactly close by either). Damn taxes. Oh well, I have too many drums already.

edge

Reaction score
Sweet deal on those, I have a set in black satin, having owned everything Gretsch wise from the 40's to the 2000's, these drums, at least mine are really special, the best of the best, seems the gunmetal hardware darkens the tone a little to me.

great finish as well

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cworrick....its just a tad over 2K miles one way........as great as a road trip sounds.........ixnay on the oadtripray.......

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
These are made with the highly touted Jasper shells (think 60s round badge era)

A set with those shells in those sizes at that price is a bargain and a half.

edge

Reaction score
Cmon everybody, this is a steal, that kit would look great on stage, sound wise.......at least with mine I would pick them over a round badge kit every time

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Damn! Somebody buy these. I had to write a check yesterday for a bit over $2K for the second half my property taxes and all I could think about was how much I'd rather be spending that money on this set . :(

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Your CL link in the first post no longer works...what were the specifics?

I recently got some unexpected cash and spent it locally about an hour later on a set of vintage Ludwigs, I had totally forgot about your set. Probably just as well as that would have been an agonizing decision to have to make.

edge

Reaction score
I have one of these kits and there is just something extra special about these drums, they rival any 60's round badge kit I have ever owned or played. Satin oil finish and gunmetal hardware. I like it. really hated the look of these drums until I played it. then the look grew on me.

These drums are a steal at that price, if they sound like the kit I got lucky with, they become priceless!

Attachments

CLMacPherson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There's a video of Brian Blade playing an identical set on youtube. They sound every bit as good as a roundbadge kit.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
CLMacPherson said:
There's a video of Brian Blade playing an identical set on youtube. They sound every bit as good as a roundbadge kit.
Can you post a link?