Here you Tom, if I did not have my kit, they would be spoke for

Last edited by a moderator:

dontfeartheringo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
edge said:
&t=870s

Well, I can't afford this kit, but this video made my kinda crappy day immeasurably better. Thank you.

bjisteve

Reaction score
yup - same drums. Even has the same tom rash. And I guarantee that the new owner will sound just like BB on them.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Wow that video sure sounded great! If that doesn't sell these, I don't know what will....

dontfeartheringo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
dontfeartheringo said:
&t=870s

Well, I can't afford this kit, but this video made my kinda crappy day immeasurably better. Thank you.
Hey, does anyone have a link to this show anywhere else on the web? It's apparently been taken down. Hell, I'd pay for a DVD of it. Kinda need this in my life.

dontfeartheringo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey, I found this show on the internet again, if anyone else was needing it as bad as I was:

edge

Reaction score
Thanks post posting this, I have kicked my own ass many times for selling my broadcaster bop kit, is it the satin oil or what, they sound better than any other Gretsch bop kit I have ever owned or played....including 60's RB

jacebart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
having played a contemporary usa custom and a broadkaster kit, i'm going with satin oil as the reason they sound so good

• Wow
Reactions: JDA

edge

Reaction score
Take this for what it is worth to you BUT IMO....the satin oil finish allows the drum to breath better, the nuances of unrestricted shell and lacquer coating allow it to open up better and have a higher headroom and perhaps more sensitivity. might be a bunch of BS but there is defiantly something special about the satin oil kits. I have seen it on Nashville Studio Kings as well, the hands down winner of three different kits was the satin oil kit