Gretsch Broadkaster snare mare!

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone else had this kind of problem with a special ordered Gretsch snare?
A couple of the lugs have been drill
20190905_130716.jpg
ed about quarter of an inch out.
Never ordered a drum before and had loads of problems, waited 14 months for the drum and had to replace it, this is the replacement!
It's also got different length tension rods top and bottom.
received_2384598918455523.jpeg

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Holy cow! That is totally unacceptable! That dog should have never left the factory. I'd definitely demand a refund at this point.

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
This is the replacement! The first one the colour didn't match the kit and it had no tone control.
Thing is I got this two months ago, had a quick look over it in the shop, the colour matched better and the tone control was there so I took it, been on tour more or less the whole time since and only noticed this problem when I had a good look over and started tuning it. Is it too late to take it back?
Like I said, this is the first time I have ever ordered a drum and it hasn't been a good experience.
I'm in England so have to go through Gretsch's European distributor in Germany.

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is it too late to take it back?
I don't think there is a refund timeline on a drum that clearly was defective upon receipt. It almost looks like a disgruntled worker exacted revenge on that snare. Sorry you have to go through this, but after 14 months and 2 drums, it's time for Gretsch to step up and accept that you're owed a refund and an apology.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd order something custom from one of the big brands. I just don't think they have it in them.

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
received_1953835974719859.jpeg
Found a photo I took of the original drum they sent me to show the colour and it looks like that had the same problem with the wonky lugs. Have they got someone with wobbly hands working at the factory or the drilling machine set up wrong?!!!

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Meh, it's just that one lug though, right? I wouldn't worry about it too much since it'll align itself over time.

Seriously though, that's a travesty!
Email them the photos because the manager at Gretsch QC needs to be made aware of this.
They'll go above & beyond to keep you as a customer, that I'm certain of - but this should have never happened, let alone twice!

Astonishing.

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How do I email Gretsch? I've sent messages to their Facebook page, but they take ages to reply and just tell me to go through the shop, who then has to go through the European distributor in Germany.

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have you tried their Oxnard, Ca. number?
(805) 919-2499 info@gretschdrums.com

Post those pics on their twitter feed. THAT will get their attention!

Thanks mate, I've emailed Gretsch the photos and also the shop is bought it from, awaiting their responses.
If I don't get anywhere I'll go the Twitter route, not even on Twitter yet.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Surely somebody on this forum has a connection inside of Gretsch that they could use to rectify this situation. It's a downright SHAM that a snare drum would leave the factory with these kinds of defects. I think you are being much too gentle about this. Some hair needs to be singed over this screwup. Gretsch is not making any friends with this kind of "quality control."

You might try contacting Gretsch's parent company, DW, as well. DW seems to actually pay attention to their customers.

GeeDeeEmm

Freewill3

Reaction score
Yikes! Sorry to hear about this, Gretsch definitely needs to step up and take care of this. I spoke with a gentleman named Morgan out of Oxnard, CA, he's a Gretsch/DW rep. His email is morgany@dwdrums.com. He was very pleasant to deal with over the phone when I had some questions earlier this year. Try contacting him along with your history/pics of the situation. Hope this ends well for you!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow....

Europe you say?

Tell Grestsch you want a coupon to pick up the Sonor snare drum of your choice.

Assure them that you will then burn whatever it is that they sent you so no one will ever know they actually sent it out to you like that!