Gretsch Broadkaster snare mare!

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know sheeet happens. And I'm sorry that this has turned into a PITA.

for some reason, maybe because I ordered my Broadcasters through Maxwell's, I have this feeling that the bigger American dealers have more juice than the guy you're working with.

Bummer if that's actually the case

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
You think you got problems?..

Imagine being on Bob Yeagers end of this discussion....;)

Last edited:

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear this! I custom ordered a 16x16 floor Tom a few years back and it was flawless. You would think the DW relationship would have at least maintained QC...

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
missed it..by this much...

....................................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.....................................................

Groov-E

Reaction score
For some rason, I like drum manufacturers to build drums and let snare manufacturers build snare drums.

Never had an outstanding matching snare, not even my yamaha ahm.

Edit : gretsch always have been a hit and miss kinda company.

Last edited:

SpinaDude

Reaction score
For some rason, I like drum manufacturers to build drums and let snare manufacturers build snare drums.

Never had an outstanding matching snare, not even my yamaha ahm.

Edit : gretsch always have been a hit and miss kinda company.
That's interesting. If I can ask, what kind of snares do you have and what major manufacturers have let you down? And was it only with their matching kit snares, or was it also their specialty snares?

Normandy Drums

Reaction score
I ordered a jazz series set from DW with the bass drum badge installed at a weird angle - QC is not perfect but lugs shouldn’t be hard to miss. Hope Gretsch makes this right.

dsop

Reaction score
You ordered a Gretsch product. What did you expect? They routinely sound horrible anyway. I avoid them at all costs!
Not true. Some of the most amazing drums I've ever played/heard were Gretsch. I have also heard bad ones, but if you get some good ones, you're golden.

SteveB

DFO Master
Reaction score
I, for one, can't understand how a circular drill press could mess up the lug hole spacing. Its a pretty exacting process. At any rate I'm sorry this has happened. I wouldn't accept the drum either. Good luck with the "fight".