Gretsch Broadkaster snare mare!

dsop

Reaction score
Good luck with the "fight".
I have had excellent experiences with Gretsch's product support, even out of warranty. There shouldn't be any "fight". This is the most obvious case of manufacturer error I've ever seen (and I've seen a few examples from Gretsch).

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My experiences are what govern my opinions. As you weren't part of them, anything judgmental you add is just ignorant rambling. Your parents must be proud of your intellect & research skills.
My experiences are what govern my opinions. As you weren't part of them, anything judgmental you add is just ignorant rambling. Your parents must be proud of your intellect & research skills.
Cool. Thanks.

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have had excellent experiences with Gretsch's product support, even out of warranty. There shouldn't be any "fight". This is the most obvious case of manufacturer error I've ever seen (and I've seen a few examples from Gretsch).
They've said they will replace it and that they have found out what the problem is and put it right (presumably there must be other drums made with this defect?), said I should report it to the dealer, which I had already done the week before, and that they would give me a delivery date, but I have heard nothing in over a week and they have not answered my messages since.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They've said they will replace it and that they have found out what the problem is and put it right (presumably there must be other drums made with this defect?), said I should report it to the dealer, which I had already done the week before, and that they would give me a delivery date, but I have heard nothing in over a week and they have not answered my messages since.
Meanwhile, you're out of a snare drum. This is becoming a PR disaster. I'd be furious at this point.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gretsch acknowledged the mistake and said they’d replace it. At this point, I’d be calling your dealer every day telling them to get replacement ASAP.

That’s what a dealer network is for. That’s why they’re important. If they don’t do their job, get a refund and order it thru an American dealer.

That’s what I’d do.

MrYikes

Reaction score
More importantly, the rest of us should never forget this. And we should get vocal about it also. As it stands now the word gretsch rates the same as sewer to me.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
When the gretsch/sewer smell gets to you, let us know your reaction.
1) People make mistakes. I allow for that. Even when I think something should be easy or I think someone dropped a ball, I’m tolerant of people because I realize I ask people to be tolerant of me.

2)I’ve seen a boatload of new Gretsch kits. Most were fine. This is about the worst. I don’t know what happened to you and your story but it’s unfortunate. Sorry it happened and that it made you so nasty.

3) In my world of dying friends and kids in cages and an ocean full of plastic, any Gretsch issue or music instrument defect is a first world problem.

Last edited:

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There tend to be a couple of stock ignorant responses to these kind of threads.

One kind is from the brand loyalist who insists that all of their purchases have been amazing and can't accept the idea of even an occasional QC or other issue with their beloved brand: If my (insert brand here) is great, they must all be perfect and you couldn't possibly have had a bad experience. You must be lying or have a hidden agenda. I know the people there and they are the best and would never allow a mistake or a bad day to happen.

The other, equally unhelpful, stock response is: all (insert brand name here) are terrible, across all their product lines, every single item, all the time. I know because I had that one (or more) experience(s) with them, so they must all be terrible and anyone who says they had a good experience with them is a liar or an idiot.

Occasionally, there are brands that can fairly be categorized as unreliable and of poor quality in general. To say all Gretsch drums sound bad is pretty ridiculous and objectively a false statement.

Latest posts