Gretsch Brooklyn heritage build

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love the style but white marine pearl is sooooo boring. I wonder if they could rerelease moonglow satin flame or even better recreations of the sparkles.

skelt101

Reaction score
I love the idea and style too! But why are they so much more than the CDE Exclusive Ludwig Club Date maple...?

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Brooklyn are not those Gretsch..
2249.99 for 20/12/14/and 5 snare
Whats the equiv, Ludwig price

looks like w/ no snare / special color/ 2029./ couple hundred difference

its about even. or even advantage Gretsch (comes w/match snare)

Last edited:

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
That finish caught my attention when Andrew Shreve introduced it at NAMM this year. It’s got the bigger pattern found on vintage kits.

Andrew gives more details on how Paul Cooper had this finish created as a personal project, asking their supplier to attempt matching the pearl finish Gretsch had offered in the 60s, in order that he would have a matching drum for his vintage kit. He loved it so much, they added it to the available customer options.

My favorite Gretsch finish right now, and very tempting (on a USA custom).

Last edited:

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've never thought of WMP as an iconic Gretsch color. WMP belongs on Slingerlands and Ludwigs. Black, Natural, Walnut, Burnt Orange, Rosewood, and the sparkles and flames are the iconic Gretsch colors. It's a nice color and all that, but it doesn't really connect me to the Gretsch heritage. Also, why not use the Broadkaster shell on these? The Brooklyn shell isn't modeled on anything from their history, AFAIK.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've never thought of WMP as an iconic Gretsch color. WMP belongs on Slingerlands and Ludwigs. Black, Natural, Walnut, Burnt Orange, Rosewood, and the sparkles and flames are the iconic Gretsch colors. It's a nice color and all that, but it doesn't really connect me to the Gretsch heritage. Also, why not use the Broadkaster shell on these? The Brooklyn shell isn't modeled on anything from their history, AFAIK.
I think the most common vintage Gretsch color was Midnight Blue (like Ludwig's sky blue or Slingerland's light blue... funny that Rogers never had this finish).

Latest posts