Gretsch Cadillac Green

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
JDA said:
That snare size looks good on it
I am looking for a matching snare still. Right now I bounce back and forth between that 4x14 Gretsch and a 60's Acrolite. I would very much like to have Gretsch make me a new Broadkaster snare to match. The new Gretsch snares IMHO sound better than the vintage Gretsch variety.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw that. I wonder how close the new caddy green is. The plating I could sort out local.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Why not just replicate one?

Reach out to a DFOer MikeJTone. He did just that with incredible results. He hails from Detroit (don't hold that against him though-LOL)

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. Also I am from Detroit I can't hold that against him. Most of my family is still in Michigan because they love snow I guess.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Also, a friend of mine in England is selling his CG snare. I'll try to hook you 2 up.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well I finally did sell this one and had to take a last picture with it before it goes to a great new home. It will make it's new owner happy and I am fortunate enough that if I want one in the future I can buy another.

20171020_090600.jpg

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There is one for sale in the UK, one for sale on ebay and a snare for sale. Seems if I wanted one now I have some choices.

JCKOriollo

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think we are seeing that a lot of things we considered ultra rare before the web was such a big factor, are now turning out to be not as rare as we thought. Still an awesome kit though

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale! It's easier to buy 'em than it is to sell 'em.

You've got a big smile........and a wallet you can't bend in half!

Dave

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice putting a face to a name. I can tell you appreciate the kit because you dressed up for the picture.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
hardbat said:
Nice putting a face to a name. I can tell you appreciate the kit because you dressed up for the picture.
Thanks for the compliment! That is actually my casual look to be honest these days; I wear a suit 4 times a week and usually a sport coat the days I don't. I also have 14 pairs of dress shoes & boots. I am happy to report the kit has safely arrived at it's new home. Funny with this kit I never bothered to take some pictures outside.

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
airborneSFC said:
Thanks for the compliment! That is actually my casual look to be honest these days; I wear a suit 4 times a week and usually a sport coat the days I don't. I also have 14 pairs of dress shoes & boots. I am happy to report the kit has safely arrived at it's new home. Funny with this kit I never bothered to take some pictures outside.
I know the new owner Manny. Your drums are in very good hands!

Greg

Latest posts