header.nohb.html

Gretsch Catalina Bop finish exclusive to Sweetwater

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Catalina bop kits (I know there are others here who are not.) For those who are in the market for a inexpensive kit in a cool color this may be a viable choice:

That said, I own a few Catalina kits of different vintages, and at one time owned a Sonor AQ2 in bop sizes. I personally think the AQ2 is a very superior kit with a nominal difference in price. But they don't have it in that cool Gretsch green :)

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Really dig that color a ton, throw a fiberskyn on the front and it would look extra slick but $900 is too much.

RBagg454

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Catalina bop kits (I know there are others here who are not.) For those who are in the market for a inexpensive kit in a cool color this may be a viable choice:

That said, I own a few Catalina kits of different vintages, and at one time owned a Sonor AQ2 in bop sizes. I personally think the AQ2 is a very superior kit with a nominal difference in price. But they don't have it in that cool Gretsch green :)
I love my Catalina kit.

wutfinancial

Reaction score
There needs to be more green kits out there. Tama used to make killer green kits. Simon had the british racing green, Lars & Stewart had the green sparkle. You can count on ludwig for the bonham green sparkle, but otherwise doesnt get the love it deserves without spending some green.... boo!

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really dig that color a ton, throw a fiberskyn on the front and it would look extra slick but $900 is too much.
Right now Sweetwater has it for $749 and they also give you a Fiberskyn bass drum logo head

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Earlier this year when I was looking for a compact and relatively affordable kit, I came across this kit with this finish on sweetwater, probably my favorite catalina jazz finish, I hope the green looks that nice in person. I wish they had this finish on 20/14/12 club kits. Anyhow, I found a nice condition Sonor player kit 20/14/10 and went with that. It has a unique feel. I also think $900 is TOO MUCH for catalina jazz kit, $750 is more reasonable. Remember catalina jazz kits were $450-500 until a couple years ago. When the micro kits (16/13/10) came along, the regular bop kits went up in price.

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool color, but I think I'll stay with my red sparkle Catalinas. I've hot rodded 'em to my liking. They look good and sound good, even the snare so it's a winner winner, chicken dinner.