Gretsch Clone

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
There was a guy a few years back who had a 12/14/18/14 in red glass glitter. Vintage hardware and modern USA shells cut to vintage specs. Listed here for $1750 but I think he did sell it somewhere. Not sure if this is considered a "clone" - as it was a Gretsch kit - but was not a real RB.......still nice for what it was.....

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've emailed with two people who like the sound of their gretsch clone better than their gretsch kit.

Im sure there are others who experienced the opposite.

I am pretty sure a Precision Drum Company gretsch clone will be the same or slightly less on price.

Haven't got a quote yet cause I sold my Gretsch to buy a $3000 Trek bike and now our front step and walk project is $8000 and is taking priority over...
1. The fact I have no gigs ;)
2. I have a perfectly wonderful Slingerland kit and 6 different snares to play with.

But a gretsch clone or another gretsch kit is in my dreams only and frankly a 100% impractal priority. Fun to talk about and hear people's stories and experiences and photos.

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've emailed with two people who like the sound of their gretsch clone better than their gretsch kit.

Im sure there are others who experienced the opposite.

I am pretty sure a Precision Drum Company gretsch clone will be the same or slightly less on price.

Haven't got a quote yet cause I sold my Gretsch to buy a $3000 Trek bike and now our front step and walk project is $8000 and is taking priority over...
1. The fact I have no gigs ;)
2. I have a perfectly wonderful Slingerland kit and 6 different snares to play with.

But a gretsch clone or another gretsch kit is in my dreams only and frankly a 100% impractal priority. Fun to talk about and hear people's stories and experiences and photos.
Any ideas yet on who you'd ask to make them?

It would be cool to have a "Gretsch Tribute Kit", kind of like how cymbal makers make Spiz tributes or PJJ rides.

I think it would be so much cooler as a kit from a boutique shop. I think Precision is more legit than a lot of the Boutique brands I see, but don't you think it could lose a little soul without all the stylings of an independent brand?

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Any ideas yet on who you'd ask to make them?

It would be cool to have a "Gretsch Tribute Kit", kind of like how cymbal makers make Spiz tributes or PJJ rides.

I think it would be so much cooler as a kit from a boutique shop. I think Precision is more legit than a lot of the Boutique brands I see, but don't you think it could lose a little soul without all the stylings of an independent brand?
100% Precision drum company