Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Searching for a Gretsch drum key in good shape
Like this one
Thanks

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes l have done some home work... I'm from lsrael. its on Amazon too but currently doesn't ship to lsrael... And cascio do but its a long process to make it happen ; )

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Shipping a drum key from US to Israel would cost $35, not including the price of the key. You might want to piggy back one if you have a larger order from the US.

I just noticed you might ne able to get one shipped first class international for $14 postage.

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know....Amazon ships it for abou 7 but they stopped shipping it to lsrael...

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah... saw it but decided to check if someone wants to sell 2nd hand... might go with that. thank you!

ayryq

Reaction score
Sure. Even if I wanted to give you mine, I think the cheapest I could ship from the US to you would be around $15. I don't know how people on ebay ship things so cheap - I regularly buy small parts and adapters from China with a total cost (including shipping!) of two or three dollars.

Still, you may find someone more local.

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Right.

They can ship for cheap when its a business that ships huge amounts.
Alternatively Amazon is changing where they ship to all the time and "punishing" users that are not prime.... A month ago it was available for Israel...now its not. And maybe for prime it is...
No rush ; ]
Something will come up

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 3 vintage Gretsch brass snares and the key fits in the drum in a slot in the shell... Gretsch key is the only one that fits as far as I know.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Try England, France etc. You know they'll ship right?
Yes there's no other I've ever read that will work in the Key Holder thingy. Going to have to find a supply Closer!
Shouldn't be impossible; Netherlands? etc.. Portugal? Italy? : )
+ no active drummer I know is going to give one up..
Going to have to find a dealer seller in Europe etc.

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
JazzDrumGuy said:
I understand your frustration, but regular t-drum keys should fit.
Not frustrated ; ]
Will try it... thanks !

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
no they need the bevel; and the entrance diameter; and the ability to get it back out !
you'd have to find a design with the long skirt a Gretsch key has and I've never seen one.
Most keys don't have enough outer diameter; none I have; to work

certainly the dealer(s) on here could sell&send you some. Point him to the dealers here

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
...l also suspect that key is designed to work with the drum and NOT every key will work with it.... but will check

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
You can always get a basic T-key and try to sand/grind down the edge to make it cone shaped like a Gretsch. I suppose a lot of in and out may damage the internal mechanism of the holder, too.

Didn't I recently see a video of you playing drums in a drum shop in Israel? Are they a G. dealer? I am sure they can get some. Or if you have relatives outside your country who regularly send you packages, get them to buy a bunch and mail them to you!

Latest posts