header.nohb.html

Gretsch Inlays

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch Aqua Blue Satin Flame Inlays wanted for two 20" 60's hoops.

Thanks

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gretsch Aqua Blue Satin Flame Inlays wanted for two 20" 60's hoops.

Thanks

I went through this same thing 18 months ago. Was lucky to run into some old 12 and 13 inch RB tom wraps that had enough material to make several hoops.
I have enough left to do 2 more hoops (65" per hoop). What's left all has to be cut into 3/4 inch strips. And most of the sections will only be 12-18" long.
Longest section is about 33"....another around 20". So you'd have to be willing to accept taping
or gluing ends to get an even appearance. Some of the cuts will have an outline of the lugs. This is pretty fragile stuff that will need precise cuts with a good sized
guillotine style paper cutter. When I took my wraps to various printing places none of them could or would do it. Finally, just cut it by myself with an exacto knife
up against a straight edge jig I made up. Some of the cuts were not perfectly parallel and I had to go back and trim with scissors. If after weeks or months of looking this might be
back up plan that could work for you.

What's out there now in repro inlay is nothing like the original stuff. Not even close.

In keeping my eye out on Reverb or EBay for 3/4" hoop material......seen nothing in ASF. I did run into a pair of nice 20" RB hoops in ASF.....seller wanted nearly $200 for the pair
I offered around $150 shipped but they passed on it.

This is what I started with.

aa a1.JPG

Last edited:

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll keep that option in mind.
Thank you