Gretsch Progressive Jazz

CLMacPherson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Still keeping an eye out for a black nitron roundbadge/ssb or any natural finish ssb prog. Jazz set.

Thanks all,
Chris

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For pricing purposes, saw a mid-60's RB in WMP, one owner, 12,14,20 with tags, and very mint supra, with all nice Ludwig hardware, orig cases, and 60's Zildjians sell for $1700 a few months back. The only "negatives" on the kit where a few tiny, well-hidden shell cracks, and a bit of color mis-match on the 12 vs 14/20....otherwise a wonderful one owner kit.

Attachments

CLMacPherson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the price update and craigslist notification. I have been lusting after a natural finish 12/14/20 like the one pictured above, so I'm going to be patient while remaining vigilant in my searching until I find just the right one. It'll be a lifer, so it's gotta be just right.

CLMacPherson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks JDA. I've seen both of their kits, but they're rough. I don't mind a few dings/scratches, but overall I'd like them to be evenly faded (if at all).

harvdm

Reaction score
Call Chris at (917) 217-3107. He’s got what your looking for..Great cat!

poetman

Reaction score
For pricing purposes, saw a mid-60's RB in WMP, one owner, 12,14,20 with tags, and very mint supra, with all nice Ludwig hardware, orig cases, and 60's Zildjians sell for $1700 a few months back. The only "negatives" on the kit where a few tiny, well-hidden shell cracks, and a bit of color mis-match on the 12 vs 14/20....otherwise a wonderful one owner kit.
Where in the world did you see this kit? That's lacerny

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where in the world did you see this kit? That's lacerny
It was in central NJ on Craig's List for a couple months. Surprisingly only me and another guy expressed interest....and I had too many kits to buy another and the bass drum color mis-match was a bit bothersome. It was originally posted at $600. They guy got so many phone calls he knew something was wrong. He couldn't believe his 55 yr old drum kit was worth basically $2K+. So after a few weeks of thinking on it, he reposted the kit for $2200/obo. In the end, he knew he could have gotten more than $1750 if he was very patient. But he wanted it gone and was very satisfied with that price. After all, he almost let it go for $600....lol. It wasn't like it wasn't advertised in a high population region. Maxwell's NYC was called and given a shot at it too. The owner didn't want to bring the drums to NYCity. The mint Supra alone was worth $400-$450....Ludwig hardware $200....cymbals $200....cases $100+. In the end, my conclusion was that $1750 was a fair price for both parties....despite all the "wish list" prices we routinely see on Ebay and Reverb. With the WMP wrap color variations, maybe just a player's kit.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
OP " you know as much as we do" where these elusive Sets hide....
As Soon as one hits the internet, it' becomes Common knowledge and.. if they're For Sale....they all hit the internet..
I mean ; ) you really think one is going to 'fall thru the cracks ( or "get past" the "mighty" Google search engines) and you'll happen to be there right place Right time ? lol

What exact finish and exact size are you looking for again?
You say your going to strip it but the one finish was too knicked ?up?

What one could do is post a registry- of all owners of the particular set--- and then try and coerce someone to Sell

Basically I keep my 20/12/14 to use the 14 with another 16/12
and it's been with me for 45 years.

Last edited: