Gretsch RB 14” value?

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think you’re over reacting. Fixed many worse drums.
No ply separation. Just loose seam on wrap.
Citrusstrip to begin with. Going slow.

Hey crash - entirely possible that I'm "overreacting" ...... I confess to little to zero knowledge of woodworking, particularly repair of plywood. I really hope it all comes out sweet and good!

I've got a 14x14" Rogers Dayton tom that I "re-wrapped" in black contact paper ..... ! One of these first days, I'm gonna strip that puppy and remove that (very carefully applied) sacrilege ..... now that I don't care that much about matching finishes .......

Very best of luck - the citrus stuff seems like a good safe choice ........

Mike

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
Used a little delicate electronic parts cleaner. Cut right thru it....
Like I said, I’ve saved far worse. Brought one set of Ludwig’s home, my wife kept looking in the back of the car at them saying “I don’t know about this one honey”. They are now at
SIR Nashville. Guess they came out OK.Oh, and I bought them from Dick Dale’s bassist, Sam Bolle. We opened for them months later. It was fun to bring that set so he could see what I done to them.

Last edited:

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cheaper to cut this; into two drums....

Best Offer.

I've read/heard/ people do that...
FYI - I just bought this one. It will not be cut down.

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey crash - entirely possible that I'm "overreacting" ...... I confess to little to zero knowledge of woodworking, particularly repair of plywood. I really hope it all comes out sweet and good!

I've got a 14x14" Rogers Dayton tom that I "re-wrapped" in black contact paper ..... ! One of these first days, I'm gonna strip that puppy and remove that (very carefully applied) sacrilege ..... now that I don't care that much about matching finishes .......

Very best of luck - the citrus stuff seems like a good safe choice ........

Mike
Would you be interested in selling that 14x14 Dayton FT ? I need one for my Dayton bop set .. LMK thanks
Donnie

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
FYI - I just bought this one. It will not be cut down.
Gotta admit, I was going to do that to one. Wanted a 14" for my Emerald Green Pearl set. *Very* hard to find color. A matching cocktail drum showed up on The Bay. Was planing on a floor tom and snare outta it. Fell asleep at the wheel and lost the auction.....
IMG_0912.jpg
n

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw the eBay listing and had won the auction before I noticed the link on this thread. I am glad no one else here was going for it. I was the only bidder.