Gretsch round badge vs. stop sign badge; just the badge

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes the Gretsch stop sign badge better than the round one?
If I ever order a new Gretsch set I'd prefer the stop sign badge they used in the 2000s.

Attachments

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to dislike every badge but the round badge - but I have a set of square badge Gretsch that I love. But I still love the round badge the best.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes the Gretsch stop sign badge better than the round one?
If I ever order a new Gretsch set I'd prefer the stop sign badge they used in the 2000s.
I have a snare the was my brother's from the 1960's. Beautiful but no round badge only the sticker inside. I thought about selling it and priced it with and without badge. The difference was about what badge would have cost me. I said heck with it and kept the snare

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a drop G guy. 70’s is cool. 80 square badge is the best. I can live with the round badge on my Broadcasters.

I had a terrible experience with my first 1981 Gretsch kit so that soured me

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned mostly stop sign badge kits and one round badge (2013) - I prefer the aesthetics of the round badge over the stop sign badge .

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't say I liked that black reissued SSB when was it 2004-5? altho never saw in person..