Gretsch snare question

jsp210

Reaction score
Not sure whether it was the nylon cords or the wire upgrade but the minor annoyance has been solved.

IMG_20200221_113311.jpg

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
It goes without saying that a snare drum is going to sound different amongst the musical environment it's being played in. BTW I had strings with the Ludwig wire, the wire was the 60s acrolyte type with the clear-ish epoxy ends.

marc3k

Reaction score
I recently got a broadkaster bop kit including a matching 14x5 snare and I think I'm having similar issues. However it seems that the outermost wire behaves slightly different than the all other wires. Since the snare wires are attached by a plastic straps in the center of the plates this may increase the issue on the outer wires.

Broadkaster_Snare_Wires1.jpeg

Not sure whether it was the nylon cords or the wire upgrade but the minor annoyance has been solved.

View attachment 428380
Do these wires come with cords or do you have to buy them extra?

If you've tried everything and it still sounds weird, there's a good chance that the edge or snare bed is defective. Get someone who works on such things to inspect it.
At first I thought the snare bed is missing, however, it is just very wide and not so easy to see.

Latest posts