Gretsch USA Custom 18" Bass Drum

b.w.

Reaction score
I have a 12/14/20 USA Custom set in Rosewood gloss, and I'd like to add a 14x18" bass drum to it. I'd be open to 12x18" as well. I don't necessarily need an exact match on finish and would consider other finishes that'd look ok with the toms - natural, etc. I'm looking for a drum with modern spurs and ideally the square plate tom mount.

This is a long shot, but I thought it couldn't hurt to see if anybody has one they're looking to get rid of before I order a new one.

b.w.

Reaction score
Is that the birds eye maple one with the Yamaha mount? If so, it's cool drum but it has the vintage-style spurs. I like the vintage look but prefer the stability and consistency of the modern spurs. Especially since I use the Gretsch RIMs mount on my 12" tom. I know, beggars can't be choosers...

bjisteve

Reaction score
Not Gretsch, but it would fit in soncially just fine:

b.w.

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I’m only looking for a Gretsch drum at this time though.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
This guy has random Gretsch shells all the time (it's a long story)......I've bought at least 3 from him and they were fine. You just gotta keep an eye out and I am sure you will find what you are looking for, or just reach out to him....

b.w.

Reaction score
Bump - still looking. There is one on reverb now but the finish isn’t quite right. Going to keep looking for a bit before I order new.