Gretsch USA custom.

Mr TS

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking at getting a Gretsch USA custom that’s listed on kijiji locally. It’s got the square badges and a ton mount coming out of the bass drum. The guy that owns them is the 2nd owner. I asked a few questions and everything seems good but there are no paper tags inside the drums. Do all USA customs have paper tags inside them?

Here’s a link to check it out:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Is there USA in the badge? (ask; looks like it)
Big sizes 16/22 10/12 11/13 16/16
I'd wager those were re wrapped;
Maybe he can't see the grey/white tag inside (tell em look thru (one of the) 2 air vents)
They look legit

Mr TS

Reaction score
Is there USA in the badge?
Big sizes 16/22 10/12 11/13 16/16
I'd wager those were re wrapped;
Maybe he can't see the grey/white tag inside (tell em look thru (either) air hole)
They look legit
Would you say they are worth 1900 Canadian (about 1400 USD)? I wanna offer less.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Tell him to look thru the air hole ; Spurs are the kind that may reach up to the base of tom holder (CR creative research hardware)

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Last edited:

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
That doesn't look like an 80's G finish; looks like a rewrap to me also.

Mr TS

Reaction score
You offer less and get em for 1100$ tops

he'll sell them
They look good
They were just rewrapped- probably a faded wood finish underneath
That’s what I was thinking, but I think he’ll turn that down. That’s ok though. I’m not necessarily in a rush

Mr TS

Reaction score
Thanks for the great info everyone. I think I’m gonna pass on those drums. I’m not looking for a set to gig with or I would probably get them.

Mr TS

Reaction score
what are You looking for ...curious.. a set to do what with etc
They'd make a nice Home set too - look clean
Well, basically a collector’s kit that I’ll play in my basement. My wife and kids can sell it when I’m gone, or whatever. Mind you I’m not dying anytime soon, lol. I want something that will keep or appreciate in value. I’ve got 4 kits to choose from if I wanna play gigs or practice. That kits really nice looking but if it’s a rewrap, then it loses some value.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, basically a collector’s kit that I’ll play in my basement. My wife and kids can sell it when I’m gone, or whatever. Mind you I’m not dying anytime soon, lol. I want something that will keep or appreciate in value. I’ve got 4 kits to choose from if I wanna play gigs or practice. That kits really nice looking but if it’s a rewrap, then it loses some value.
Very very few drum sets appreciate in value . Ideally you want to find something that is all original , no extra holes and in a rare finish and popular sizes . Those parameters will give the best potential for keeping the resale value up .

Mr TS

Reaction score
Very very few drum sets appreciate in value . Ideally you want to find something that is all original , no extra holes and in a rare finish and popular sizes . Those parameters will give the best potential for keeping the resale value up .
I’m being wishful about appreciating in value. Thanks for that advice! It’s fun looking at all the awesome kits around. If only I had a lot more money and a bigger house:)

Latest posts