Gretsch USA Custom

jb111

Reaction score
I posted here back in February with a list of questions as I was thinking about ordering a new USA Custom. Quite a few people on here took the time to reply with thorough feedback and some great points to consider. I got my questions answered and eventually made the order.

The kit arrived last week so I figured I'd share it with you fine folks. We're still getting acquainted, but I am really digging this thing. Got it tuned up on the higher side and that Gretsch thing just came right out. Tuned up quickly and easily. I'm just going to swap out the stock Powerstroke BD batter for a coated Ambassador and it will be good to go.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time back in February to chime in. Looking forward to gigging this when we get to the other side.

Attachments

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really pretty and very classy in silver sparkle!

Is this your first Gretsch kit? What were you playing before?

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
Congrats on the kit, it is gorgeous! I have played a USA custom (though I don't own one) and they are a beautiful instrument.

drumsforme

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!....Have owned my USA Gretsch since new- 2007. Let me tell you my friend..... They just keep getting better.....Enjoy!

jb111

Reaction score
That's really pretty and very classy in silver sparkle!

Is this your first Gretsch kit? What were you playing before?
Thanks, man. Yeah, first Gretsch kit. I've been playing my '64 Rogers Holiday and a custom Paul Bleifuss kit I've had for many years now. I've always wanted a Gretsch, and I'm loving this thing.

jb111

Reaction score
Congratulations! They look amazing.

I love my USA Customs, but now I want a Broadkaster, and I want a Brooklyn, and, and, and...

Welcome to Gretsch!
Thanks, man!

jb111

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated!

drummerfriend

Reaction score
Congrats on a beautiful set! If you are into them, the USA's are a lifetime set.

Love the direct shell mount on the tom and bass. I carefully drilled mine out myself and went that way. Gave the Rims mount away.

No regrets.

jb111

Reaction score
Yeah, as you guys said, I love the direct-to-shell mount. I've never been a RIMS fan at all. This one is definitely a forever kit. I appreciate the good word!