header.nohb.html

Gretsch WMP Kit (22', 13', 16) help & price check

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am looking to sell this Gretsch WMP 22', 13, 16' kit. Too many other projects and with kids in college and this kit has just been sitting in cases it's time to go to someone who will play it.

I am a Ludwig guy so don't know a lot about this. I believe it's from the 50's but again not sure how to date. The Floor Tom was an add on but matches fairly nicely. Slight yellowing all around, with patches more on the floor tom. One of the bass drum mounted cymbal holders does not have a wing nut to hold the cymbal arm and person I purchased this from just had a hex head bolt in there to tighten.

Any help prior to listing as far as dating and info would be appreciated and an estimate on what I should expect to get for this.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Gretsch1.JPG
    Gretsch1.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 13
  • Gretsch2.JPG
    Gretsch2.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 17

Keeper John

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice set!
Bow tie bass drum rods and stick chopper hoops on this kit would seem to place it from the fifties.
Very likely 3 ply shells...take a look and see.
More desirable if they were 20 12 14 but I prefer 22 13 16 myself. These would still be pretty desirable.
Value...I'm not very good at that but I'd guess $1000 - 1200.
Others please chime in.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think the previous poster is right. 1k to 1200. Quick sale price at 800 to 900. Is the floor 3 ply or 6? That comes into play also for value.

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
airborneSFC said:
I think the previous poster is right. 1k to 1200. Quick sale price at 800 to 900. Is the floor 3 ply or 6? That comes into play also for value.

Thanks for info. I think 3 ply, but it's been so long since I've touched this kit I have to double check.

steambent

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice set. I agree with others pricing.

I am not 100% sure but I would believe the cymbal mount by the 13 is not factory.

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks for the info and interest. I was posting pics just to get info but I do plan to sell this kit. Right now though I have a show coming up tomorrow with some touring bands from Boston and another gig Wednesday. I'll need a few days or to the weekend. These are currently in cases in temp controlled room under other drums and I haven't got them out in a while. When I get a chance I will pull them out, update pics, and contact those interested.