Guidelines to buying and selling on DFO, please give a look

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
We have asked members to remove items that are not music gear in the past. Motorcycles, phones, etc.
I don't think there's any issue with posting the occasional power amp, guitar, or harmonica.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
atomicdave said:
So, this is a drum forum, and the marketplace section is for drum and drum related and possibly music related items. I guess since we have the "other instrument" section that guitars and such are OK to post for sale or trade, but not likely to get sales here. Recording devices, esp for good quality sound/vid or mics, but I'm really not hip to laptops, ipods, etc being in the marketplace....because then what next, puppies and sunglasses? What be your thoughts?
Puppies are o.k. but no sunglasses. I love dogs and if it gets one a home it would not have gotten otherwise great. However, that dog better be able to play the drums within a few years. Cheers

WGMitch

Reaction score
Sellers, a couple things to remember that can help the buyer...

1) Advertise exactly how you want to get paid, PayPal, check, Money Order, etc.

2) If you accept PayPal let everyone know if you want it as a friend or + PayPal fees or if you will pay the fees. :happy11:

3) Lastly, let the buyer know before you make the deal if you are going to require a signature. It sucks to find out a package was attempted to be delivered, but a signature was required and now you have to go pick it up some where or make other arrangements.

MatrixClaw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
WGMitch said:
3) Lastly, let the buyer know before you make the deal if you are going to require a signature. It sucks to find out a package was attempted to be delivered, but a signature was required and now you have to go pick it up some where or make other arrangements.
If the package is valued at over $400 in insurance, most of the shippers automatically add this requirement.

Otherwise, the list looks good. Personally, I hate it when I find something at a good price, offer to buy it and then the seller only wants to use a Money Order. That means I get no protection as a seller, no thanks. Also - cracks me up when people want you to use a PayPal gift payment on something that costs $100. Seems silly for me to have to give up my protection just for the seller to save $3 in fees... On an expensive set, I can see that, but $3? Come on, guys! You're killin' me! :p

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
I usually just figure paypay is a given unless state NO paypal....and gift or fee infor given in PM.....I like "give the gift of paypal", but dont say it often enough...they are a big bank, and my bank doesnt charge me fees for electronic payments.......anyhow, signature I agree, ask the seller. SOme live in places where packages can easily walk off...I am secure in my local, but pickup (cuz can only be delivered at times I work) when fedex or ups end up in a facility in a city 45 min away that I do not go to...always a hassle, but USPS is a block away :)

Bunky

Reaction score
Hi There,
I am sorry if this is an inappropriate question , but is it more advantageous to sell snare drums/drum sets here or Drumforum or on Ebay, where are you more likely to get more bang for your buck. (pun intended)
Thanks!
Eric

Happy Holidays..!!!

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
You sell here for the sense of trust and community that can be found. You sell on Ebay for a wider audience and a higher price.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
bongomania said:
You sell here for the sense of trust and community that can be found. You sell on Ebay for a wider audience and a higher price.
Agree with Bongomania, but I can tell you a lot more gear is sold here than most would think and there is no fee.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is it acceptable to re list a set that did not sell a year or so ago.
Who knows, maybe the timing is right now ?
Thanks

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Just gotta list it for 30% of the original listing.

Just kidding.

rock roll

Reaction score
Hello all, as a person who buys and sells a lot on the internet, I would just like to share some points to make a transaction as smooth as possible.

Sellers....describe the good and the not so good as accurately as possible and encourage questions from buyers and when you have a sale pending, best is to give the buyer a phone number or email as aback up to contact you, our pm service is not bullet proof. And make sure you pack it right, double box if need be. And make sure it is insured.

Buyers, ask questions before you send money, not while it is in transit. use paypal, and send payment pronto, sellers shouldn't have to remind you etc.

AND if there is ever a question, hiccup or a problem with a transaction......CONTACT ME....either buyer or seller, I will dive right into the situation to help get it resolved.

Now that being said, won't ever apply to about 99% of the transactions here because we are all drum guys and a few gals.

So thanks for reading, Ben
I'm new to these forums or any forums...I've got a buddy who is big with the Facebook premier crowd..for years he keeps telling me I should Join ....someday I will.but I have found this site helpful so I joined.
I am putting my 2cents in with others...tho I'm not a professional, I've been jammin and giging since the 80's...locally.
I buy a lot on eBay .
I'm sure I will buy stuff here in the future,

My question is how do you go about transactions?
I have a paypal account.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm new to these forums or any forums...I've got a buddy who is big with the Facebook premier crowd..for years he keeps telling me I should Join ....someday I will.but I have found this site helpful so I joined.
I am putting my 2cents in with others...tho I'm not a professional, I've been jammin and giging since the 80's...locally.
I buy a lot on eBay .
I'm sure I will buy stuff here in the future,

My question is how do you go about transactions?
I have a paypal account.
Most are done via paypal. Seller gets paid, then ships the item.

Latest posts