Guitar Center Ghost Town

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You prefer to be left alone and you were is my takeaway.
I do prefer not to have salespeople pestering me over and over if I'm just looking around, but I would like to have at least some minimal acknowledgement that they know I'm in the store and would be willing to help me if I required it. Not sure what would have happened if I had seen something I did want to buy. I guess I would have had to hunt somebody down and see if they had time to check me out.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
I’ve been to Fork’s twice, have been ignored and unacknowledged both times. Impressed by the inventory, the staff—-not so much. I wound up spending several hundred bucks elsewhere my last trip to Nashville at other stores, one of them a GC where they acted like they actually wanted your business.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I always wanted to kick off my pod cast with a parody commercial for Banjo Center. That may have to be a thing...

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I do prefer not to have salespeople pestering me over and over if I'm just looking around, but I would like to have at least some minimal acknowledgement that they know I'm in the store and would be willing to help me if I required it. Not sure what would have happened if I had seen something I did want to buy. I guess I would have had to hunt somebody down and see if they had time to check me out.
I like the medium level of attentiveness: greet me warmly at the door. Tell me to call them if you have questions.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’ve been to Fork’s twice, have been ignored and unacknowledged both times. Impressed by the inventory, the staff—-not so much. I wound up spending several hundred bucks elsewhere my last trip to Nashville at other stores, one of them a GC where they acted like they actually wanted your business.
I have only been to Forks once but that was my experience also. Not a word, not a nod, not a good bye, have a nice day.

I asked a fella about a particular, possibly one off, N&C snare sitting prominently on a shelf near the register, he just said; ah, I don’t really know anything about it. Ok.

I took some pictures, went upstairs and gave a few kits an overly vigorous tapping and left.

Good salesman ship is an art that can be accomplished in a variety of ways but I think always results in the customer or even tourist/tirekicker leaving thinking they were valued.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I notice that Guitar Center's online used inventory seems lower than I've ever seen it before.

For instance, their entire national inventory of Slingerland drum sets is currently twelve.