header.nohb.html

HACKED MEMBER ALERT -- ALL MEMBERS SHOULD TURN ON 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a thread where (in addition to reporting a post or member) you can publicize a hacked account for the protection of the rest of the forum.

Member @aparker2005 - account recovered successfully
Member @stevesmithfan - account recovered successfully
Member @bellbrass - account recovered successfully

As of May 3, 7:30am

ALL MEMBERS SHOULD TURN ON 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT.

Last edited:

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Google Chrome had a massive data breach recently. I wonder if that is part of this

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I rarely use chrome but found very little about the actual exposure. Is it a breach while using it or a breach of remotely stored data?

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies on this. Someone else reported you were hacked and at first when I messaged you, it seemed like that was true, but I was wrong.

@gretschdrummer is A-OK, everyone.
That was me. I saw the listing before gretschdrummer edited it and at that time it appeared to say that a Ludwig Classic Birch snare drum with diecast rims. shipped, was $45. That clearly seemed impossible so I reported it. Still seems cheap at $144.

Last edited:

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just in case it were to happen to me, I'm not selling anything at this time so if any listings come up under my ID, don't buy.

Report me. lol

Actually to confirm anything, check Reverb first. I'll always have a listing there regardless of anywhere else. If you see it in both places, good chance it's me.

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
I rarely use chrome but found very little about the actual exposure. Is it a breach while using it or a breach of remotely stored data?

As per usual, these breached companies and affiliates won't say anything while their pants are still down. Everyone has to wait until they're satisfied they can spin it in a way that won't make them seem incompetent.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
As per usual, these breached companies and affiliates won't say anything while their pants are still down. Everyone has to wait until they're satisfied they can spin it in a way that won't make them seem incompetent.
I don’t have any info about this side of things, I’m not familiar with the IT side of the forum at all. I know Ben is working with the tech people to pursue the issue.

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
I don’t have any info about this side of things, I’m not familiar with the IT side of the forum at all. I know Ben is working with the tech people to pursue the issue.

Oh yeah, I meant Google/Chrome/YouTube.. not DFO. I'm sure at this point you guys are doing all you can and will keep us informed.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Is there a tool to monitor members IP addresses? Would seem to me a sure indicator of a cracked account.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a tool to monitor members IP addresses? Would seem to me a sure indicator of a cracked account.
Yes, and this is one of the first things I check when I see an account acting in a suspicious manner. Usually, it is a brand-new member that has joined with multiple names to spam the board and I can see shared IPs and ban them. But when it’s a well-known member whose account has been hacked, those accounts are not showing shared IPs. I have seen with the recent couple of hacks a myriad of different IPs being used, and I’m fairly sure hackers know how to display fake ones anyway, am I right?

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't sell drum equipment, online or otherwise. If there's a post from me selling something it's 100% fake.