header.nohb.html

HACKED MEMBER ALERT -- ALL MEMBERS SHOULD TURN ON 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
As of 7:30am today, member @bellbrass is hacked.

IP tracking shows the account being used from the Netherlands. I was able to suspend the account while we attempt to contact the real member.

If you have not done so already, please turn on two-factor authentication for your account.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If a well-known member seems to no longer know how to speak English, or is suddenly very aggressive or rude in private messages, don't buy from them. The warning signs are fairly obvious.

The taunting posts from the guy who hacked aparker2005 were a clear departure from the way anyone on this page communicates.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread where (in addition to reporting a post or member) you can publicize a hacked account for the protection of the rest of the forum.

Member @aparker2005 - account recovered successfully
Member @stevesmithfan - account recovered successfully

As of May 3, 7:30am
Member @bellbrass has been hacked. The user's account is suspended until he can be contacted.
I thought so....I actually responded to the sale post to try and ferret them out and report it.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
wow.. this is becoming a virtual pandemic.

I changed my password(s) some time back to something ridiculously complicated and can't remember what it was.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone knows member "bellbrass" personally, please reach out to him about his account. We have been unable to reach him.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
If anyone knows member "bellbrass" personally, please reach out to him about his account. We have been unable to reach him.
I was going to bring this up earlier but DFO has everyone's email, correct? For contacting and ID validation?

I think you guys can be contacted via the forum but establishing ID I don't know is practically possible.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread where (in addition to reporting a post or member) you can publicize a hacked account for the protection of the rest of the forum.

Member @aparker2005 - account recovered successfully
Member @stevesmithfan - account recovered successfully

As of May 3, 7:30am
Member @bellbrass has been hacked. The user's account is suspended until he can be contacted.

ALL MEMBERS SHOULD TURN ON 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
For the IT Challenged among us ....how does one turn on 2 factor identification?

TonyVazquez

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For the IT Challenged among us ....how does one turn on 2 factor identification?
If you're mobile device is android,
use the Google Authenticator...
...download it from the google play store,
it's free. Install it, and follow the instructions
on how to set it up.

I'm new to that app, but I set mine up anyway. I can't scan QR codes, but I use
the code generator in the app.
I'm confused. But I'd rather be confused
than Hacked.

Late edit: I'm all set, good to go.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Download an authenticator app like Google Authenticator or Authy.
2. Click on your avatar image in the upper menu bar.
3. Click “password and security”
4. Click to enable two step verification, and that will allow you to choose to receive codes by email or authenticator app. I tried it via email but that seemed like a hassle. The app works better, easier, once you have it installed. Also don’t forget to copy and save the backup codes the system gives you in case you get locked out.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Please consider u2f over google. That's kinda how we got here.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
2F is easy to turn on and set up. Download google Authenticator. Yea a bit of a pain but better safe than sorry. Can also use email authorization 2F. I have not tried it.

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220505-140718_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-140709_Chrome.jpg

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Didn’t realize 2FA was available on this site. I use it whenever it’s available + LastPass. 20+ character passwords minimum.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is there a tool to monitor members IP addresses? Would seem to me a sure indicator of a cracked account.
I'm spoofalicious with my IP because I hate being tracked and I like foreign sports streams, so I'd get flagged a lot. I also log in with several devices communicating through several different networks, so even if it's not my home computer throwing out false IP info, my IP still changes a lot. Yeah, I'm *that guy.* But you probably aren't surprised.

WLVN

Reaction score
Is the Google authenticator only if you're accessing the forum on your smart phone? Probably a stupid question.

I'm usually on a desktop and typically stay logged on. Occasionally, when I'm mobile I'll access the forum on my phone.

I enabled two step verification using my email address.