header.nohb.html

Happy Juneteenth

Status
Not open for further replies.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, this post will likely end up a locked roll call for the white supremacist contingent here at good old DFO. Funny how nobody mocks the existence of other holidays or craps on posts related to them.
Hopefully not…
I’ll just put out there for the record as stated in our pinned post about forum content that racism (open or implied) is not tolerated here at DFO. If you have a desire to express racist or white supremacist views, please don’t do it here or you will be shown the door. Thanks.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say two things
1) It's good to realize and understand the significance of June 19th in regard to the Slavery Emancip 1876=5 or when ever it was

2) Shame that it had to be plopped upon (I know I know..it's was same day...) Father's Day because
I know quite a few Black dad's and their number 1 concern is their sons and daughters; now; this minute; right today

So creates a dilemma ..a Little bit.. where I wish there were none.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a National holiday .

My comment was a joke … centered on the word “recognize”
… and before we go all white supremacy here … my adopted daughter is black.
Sometimes a joke is just that ... a joke.
It would be good for members here to remember we are drummers … we are the goofy ones of the band.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
It would be good for members here to remember we are drummers … we are the goofy ones of the band.
As I've said numerous times before, no one will know that it was a joke unless you indicate it as such.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I've said numerous times before, no one will know that it was a joke unless you indicate it as such.

Focus on the word "recognize" and read the second sentence of my statement.
Well ... considering I gave the "day" a hairstyle ... that might be a clue to the idea that I'm not at all serious.
The idea that people would take that statement serious is a very bright red light to their lives.
They might be taking things just a bit too serious in their hunt for offense ... and that's sure to spill over into their intrapersonal relationships.
Damage here ... damage there.
It won't be pretty ... like me.

stuart s

Reaction score

calling and labeling someone a racist is pretty incendiary, very politically motivated with the current trends.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Focus on the word "recognize" and read the second sentence of my statement.
Well ... considering I gave the "day" a hairstyle ... that might be a clue to the idea that I'm not at all serious.
The idea that people would take that statement serious is a very bright red light to their lives.
They might be taking things just a bit too serious in their hunt for offense ... and that's sure to spill over into their intrapersonal relationships.
Damage here ... damage there.
It won't be pretty ... like me.
No matter. Not everyone will understand your sense of humor. I certainly didn't either. And I'm certainly not looking for offensive comments.
Chill out, dude.

Also, if you have to explain it, it ain't funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.