header.nohb.html

Happy Juneteenth

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart s

Reaction score
Good Lord (or Lords, or Gords, what ever suits your fancy :D ), people stop already, its a great holiday, they are all great, enjoy it!

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get it ???

From the same 1944 film ... "Gaslight"

Untitled 3.001.jpeg

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Did you make the captions ??

Of course.
I‘m a screenwriter for film, television, and an animated series (I am the creator).
These will bring a smile to some … but I can guarantee not all.
It‘s the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power to the people right on right on

I hereby reserve the right to be offended by whatever I choose. I also respect your right to express whatever you choose (within forum guidelines)

Thank you all for not getting this shut down. It means a lot to me

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course.
I‘m a screenwriter for film, television, and an animated series (I am the creator).
These will bring a smile to some … but I can guarantee not all.
It‘s the nature of the beast.
Pot meet kettle …….

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I don't think slavery is something to joke about. Especially if the joke isn't even funny. I mean, why double, triple, or quadruple down on it anyway? To each his own I guess.

Happy Juneteenth everyone!

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I don't think slavery is something to joke about. Especially if the joke isn't even funny. I mean, why double, triple, or quadruple down on it anyway? To each his own I guess.

Happy Juneteenth everyone!
You forgot to add “ gaslighting “

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has something dismissive or negative to say about this holiday is a bad person.

You can roll your eyes about National Hot Dog Day, but not this. Not one that celebrates freedom for our brothers and sisters.

I guess you can, but that just makes you one more boomer the rest of us are waiting on to die.

Last edited:

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I didn’t recognize it.
I think it’s the new hairstyle.

This comment was jarring at my first pass, but now I get the joke. I know Mcjnic personally and he is a good dude that I have to stand up for. Maybe not the funniest joke I’ve read, but innocent.

We really are a sensitive bunch these days. No doubt this never would have happened in real life.

But then there was the “means nothing to me” comment. No clue why he needed to let everyone else know that bit of information about him. Wish he didn’t. It either means he’s too dumb and/or lazy to try to recognize the inhumane treatment or it means nothing to him because he doesn’t care that the inhuman treatment existed. Either way, who wants waste another second arguing with this disgusting person?

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
This comment was jarring at my first pass, but now I get the joke. I know Mcjnic personally and he is a good dude that I have to stand up for. Maybe not the funniest joke I’ve read, but innocent.

We really are a sensitive bunch these days. No doubt this never would have happened in real life.

But then there was the “means nothing to me” comment. No clue why he needed to let everyone else know that bit of information about him. Wish he didn’t. It either means he’s too dumb and/or lazy to try to recognize the inhumane treatment or it means nothing to him because he doesn’t care that the inhuman treatment existed. Either way, who wants waste another second arguing with this disgusting person?

Hey Nick ... appreciate it.
Rowan Atkinson just did an interview ... his words, not mine.

“It does seem to me that the job of comedy is to offend, or have the potential to offend, and it cannot be drained of that potential. Every joke has a victim. That’s the definition of a joke. Someone or something or an idea is made to look ridiculous. Not all jokes are for everyone.”

That last statement ... that's pretty much the icing on the cake.
Lots of comedians don't really have it to make me laugh.
But there are many that do.
We all have our individual tastes and life experiences that intereplay with the comedians material.
That is either a good mix or a recipe for disaster.
No one knows until after the delivery.

I spend a lot of time writing jokes and gags ... and quite a bit of drama.
I never know how it will be received ... but I can never let that stop me from my task ... which is to write honestly.

I've had quite a few people let me know my script or joke or gag or scene fell flat.
But I've also earned quite a few awards for that same exact material.
Just goes to show ... I gotta be honest and true to the word ... it will land where it lands.
I can't be concerned beyond that.

Appreciate the friendship.
Always here bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.